160GB drive in 5G/5.5G iPod
Feb 27, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #76 of 83
I tried today, didnt work. video drives will work in the classic. 80gb classic drive works in the videos. but the 160gb classic drive doesnt work in the videos. no big deal for me, I'm trying to slim my rig down as much as possible.

May 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #77 of 83
Sorry for bringing up an old topic... but here it is...
bigsmile_face.gif

I read this post, but am still not clear about one thing. It looks like a lot of you are trying to swap the big 80GB 6th Gen HDs into a 5th Gen Ipod (without success ...
confused_face(1).gif
?? ) am I right?

Is it possible to put a 30GB video (5th Gen) HD into an Ipod classic??? or are there compatibility issues there? sorry if this has been answered previously and I just overlooked it...
redface.gif

Thanks for any info you guys might have

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #78 of 83
This thread keeps popping up in Google when searching for the 240GB iMod, so I felt posting a warning here was in order.

As mentioned in this thread, the 30GB iPod Video only has 32MB of RAM. Installing the 240GB drive works fine, until you try to use all the space. The problem is not so much with accessing the sectors on the drive (it fills up fine), but the iTunesDB won't be accepted when it contains too much info. The iPod will show 0 songs available. I was able to get it to work up to 17500 songs, but my 200GB collection has 30000 songs. So I'm now looking for a 80GB model with 64MB now to make it all work.

On a related note, the Apricorn AVPOD-240-8BAT is a lot cheaper than Rapid Repairs (it's what I used).

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #79 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread keeps popping up in Google when searching for the 240GB iMod, so I felt posting a warning here was in order.

As mentioned in this thread, the 30GB iPod Video only has 32MB of RAM. Installing the 240GB drive works fine, until you try to use all the space. The problem is not so much with accessing the sectors on the drive (it fills up fine), but the iTunesDB won't be accepted when it contains too much info. The iPod will show 0 songs available. I was able to get it to work up to 17500 songs, but my 200GB collection has 30000 songs. So I'm now looking for a 80GB model with 64MB now to make it all work.

On a related note, the Apricorn AVPOD-240-8BAT is a lot cheaper than Rapid Repairs (it's what I used).

Is the Apricorn drive the Toshiba rapidrepair sells?

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #80 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by onapartyrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Apricorn drive the Toshiba rapidrepair sells?

Yes, it is the same drive. Except the Apricorn package comes with a flat cable and padding. RapidRepair charges extra for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back