[~$150] Looking for a pair of quality headphones and opinions
Sep 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sgt deacon

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been visiting these forums a lot these past few days, and figured now was as good a time as any to make a post about this. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed like it was the right one.

At any rate I am looking for headphones with an approximate budget of ~$150, but I would be willing to go up to $200 if is needed. This is my first time getting a 'nice' pair of headphones, so I am a bit lost to some of the nuances that other people seem to pick up about them.

What I am looking for:

1. Closed
  2. Over the ear (ideally)
  3. Detachable cord
  4. Good quality sound (if that wasn't implied)

Now I have narrowed my search down to these headphones at the moment:

Brainwavz HM5s
NVX XPT100
Shure SRH840

I also really liked the V-Moda Crossfade LP2's, as they have a detachable, braided cable as well as a very nice carrying case. However from my research it seems like they are bass heavy, which I would prefer not to have.

Additionally if anyone knows of any other headphones that I should be looking at I would appreciate information about them as well. The one thing on my list of 'requirements' that I really don't want to compromise is the detachable cable, as if I am spending this much money on a set of headphones I would like to be able to easily replace the cord if something happens to it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back