$150 IEM, upgrade or ~MA750 [[IT01, F9, EN700, KingPro, PX???]]
Apr 19, 2018 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sponsor

100+ Head-Fier
So someone stole my MA750s right from my desk.:triportsad: :persevere::persevere::persevere:

Need something along those lines only, good build quality, wide soundstage and imaging, good isolation are top priorities.
Choice of music: Almost everything, though I mostly listen to Old Classic Rock and Guitar solos.

Heard a lot about the IT01, or any other options according to the requirements?

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 5
While my personal vote would strongly be for the IT01, I would add the F9 Pro and the 1More Triple/Quad Drivers to the list, too. Sorry you lost your 750s! Maybe you will find something you like...---)

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 5
While my personal vote would strongly be for the IT01, I would add the F9 Pro and the 1More Triple/Quad Drivers to the list, too. Sorry you lost your 750s! Maybe you will find something you like...---)

I have heard 1more triple/quads are pretty overrated for their price.
F9 pro was in my mind, but in the review here: https://www.headfonia.com/review-ibasso-it01/2/, the guy just describes IT01 over F9 Pro as:
headfonia said:
iBasso still holds the transparency, resolution and separation advantages to itself. Also it has better tonality by small margin and sound more controlled than the F9 Pro.
Seems like for the qualities that I need, iBasso has an advantage over F9 Pro.
Any other alternatives in this range?

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 5
IT01 is extremely good in its price range. The only thing I don't love about them is the midrange, which I find a little congested.

The TFZ King Pro might be worth looking into. It's generally a little over your $150 budget (although sometimes less) and some reviews favor it over the IT01. It's might be a bit harder to drive, though.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 5
IT01 is extremely good in its price range. The only thing I don't love about them is the midrange, which I find a little congested.

The TFZ King Pro might be worth looking into. It's generally a little over your $150 budget (although sometimes less) and some reviews favor it over the IT01. It's might be a bit harder to drive, though.

Was thinking about that, but then I read reviews, and it seems King Pro were slightly brighter than IT01, having a narrower soundstage, but better depth. Cable was one of the main reasons why I was preferring IT01 apart from it's sound, and this is what I did then.
healp17.png

Now waiting for them to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back