~150$ IEM to Listen to Electronic Dance Music (FXT90s vs. EPH-100s)
Jan 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 38
Not into the TF10's... from reading I've heard that they're too cold and analytical. I want my IEM's to be more engaging and fun!

So...

JVC HA-FXT90 vs. Yamaha EPH-100SL

Intuition says FXT's for what reason I dunno guess I have read more on them I think... but screw intuition lol
Couldn't find a thorough comparison... which is weird since they're similarly priced and aimed at kind of the same music...

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 38
Any reason nobody has suggested the Atrio MG7s?

I listen to quite a lot of house, tech, minimal and basically most genres of EDM and I couldn't fault them. Bass response is extremely smooth and textured while the impact is there when called upon - and boy does it go deep...

Mids and highs aren't overshadowed by it either so vocals sound extremely natural.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #20 of 38

Quote:
Any reason nobody has suggested the Atrio MG7s?

I listen to quite a lot of house, tech, minimal and basically most genres of EDM and I couldn't fault them. Bass response is extremely smooth and textured while the impact is there when called upon - and boy does it go deep...

Mids and highs aren't overshadowed by it either so vocals sound extremely natural.

Heard it is too bass-heavy... I'm in no way a basshead. Though it still is of importance to me...

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 38

Quote:

Heard it is too bass-heavy... I'm in no way a basshead. Though it still is of importance to me...

Actually, the MG7 is another good suggestion. The MG7 is one of the few 'bassy' IEM's where the deep bass does not bleed into the mid-bass, making a bloated sound. What you actually get is very deep sub-bass, with sparkly treble and a high level of clarity. However why it didn't initially come to mind is that the treble on the MG7 can be slightly fatiguing. I can't imagine it being worse than the GR07 though, although I haven't compared both directly.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #22 of 38

Quote:
Actually, the MG7 is another good suggestion. The MG7 is one of the few 'bassy' IEM's where the deep bass does not bleed into the mid-bass, making a bloated sound. What you actually get is very deep sub-bass, with sparkly treble and a high level of clarity. However why it didn't initially come to mind is that the treble on the MG7 can be slightly fatiguing. I can't imagine it being worse than the GR07 though, although I haven't compared both directly.

As I'm about to listen to them for hours straight on a daily basis... are they going to be too fatiguing?

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #23 of 38

Quote:

As I'm about to listen to them for hours straight on a daily basis... are they going to be too fatiguing?

It's hard to say, it depends on the volume you usually listen to things on, and your sensitivity. An actual owner of them will probably give you a better insight so check around the MG7 threads?

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #26 of 38

Quote:
Like in November

.... and ever since

Every time I hear about a new phone the first thing I do is check joker's thread

Haha, so you've been lurking for some time then. I know the pain. XD

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #27 of 38

Quote:

Where did you hear that? They are by no means "bass-heavy", the only reason they're recommended for "bass heads' is because the bass is so accurate and the sub bass goes deeper than almost any other IEM out there.

I find them to be extremely easy to listen to for long periods, however I think this has a lot to do with the sleeves you pair with the IEMs as the sound signature changes quite dramatically depending on what you use.

Shure Black Olives were the harshest sounding and quite fatiguing, even after a short while (might be important to note that these were unfortunately the sleeves used to review the MG7 in the 214 IEM roundup!!) - the stock foams however provide the best sound by far and I can quite easily listen to any genre of music for hours on end (I've even gone to sleep with them in my ears on many occasions!).

If there's anything else you'd like to know about them I'll be happy to provide an opinion - I've owned them for about 3 months now and listenened to well over 200 hours of music ranging from accoustic to trance and tech-house.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #28 of 38

Quote:
Where did you hear that? They are by no means "bass-heavy", the only reason they're recommended for "bass heads' is because the bass is so accurate and the sub bass goes deeper than almost any other IEM out there.

I find them to be extremely easy to listen to for long periods, however I think this has a lot to do with the sleeves you pair with the IEMs as the sound signature changes quite dramatically depending on what you use.

Shure Black Olives were the harshest sounding and quite fatiguing, even after a short while (might be important to note that these were unfortunately the sleeves used to review the MG7 in the 214 IEM roundup!!) - the stock foams however provide the best sound by far and I can quite easily listen to any genre of music for hours on end (I've even gone to sleep with them in my ears on many occasions!).

If there's anything else you'd like to know about them I'll be happy to provide an opinion - I've owned them for about 3 months now and listenened to well over 200 hours of music ranging from accoustic to trance and tech-house.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head!!

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #29 of 38
I've only heard the FXT-90s. As someone who values an airy soundstage and quality bass, they did not sit well with me.

The soundstage was simple to narrow for me. It definitely had the in your head feel to it. Height/depth was good though.

Plus, I found they have way to much mid-bass for my tastes, which made mid-bass reliant artists like deadmau5 far too overpowering and fatiguing for me.

However, they are very forward and engaging, making music quite fun to listen to.

~

This is all personal experience though; others seem to be very satisfied with them.

Jan 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #30 of 38
FX500 would fill the void in that regard. But the treble can be somewhat harsh. TF10s aren't what I'd call cold and analytical lol. They have lots of bass, treble is emphasized and sound stage is big for a BA. It excels in trance music (they are made for it). I also find the FX700 to do very well in trance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back