$150 closed or semi-open headphones, for all genres, on ear or around ear, preferably low impedance
Nov 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

revault

New Head-Fier
i'm in the market for a new pair of headphones that I can take with my to places like the bus or publicly where noise bleed won't be too annoying (this rules out the grado sr-80i's that i would have bought). i'd like them to perform well across all genres with a neutral sound, and be on-ear or around ear, with an emphasis on comfort. i'd like them to be around 50 ohms so i could power them easily although i won't rule out higher impedance headphones because i do have a portable amplifier. a removable cord would be a plus but it isn't necessary. 

i've considered headphones by superlux, audiotechnica, and sennheiser, but i'm open to any make or model. suggestions?

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 4
  i'm in the market for a new pair of headphones that I can take with my to places like the bus or publicly where noise bleed won't be too annoying (this rules out the grado sr-80i's that i would have bought). i'd like them to perform well across all genres with a neutral sound, and be on-ear or around ear, with an emphasis on comfort. i'd like them to be around 50 ohms so i could power them easily although i won't rule out higher impedance headphones because i do have a portable amplifier. a removable cord would be a plus but it isn't necessary. 

i've considered headphones by superlux, audiotechnica, and sennheiser, but i'm open to any make or model. suggestions?

A used Sound Magic Hp 100 is a lovely Over the Ear [Around ear] that can be had for about $150 used... it's 200 new though but it's one of my favorite on the Go headphones. 

There is also the Shure 840 which sound nice as well, they should be around $150 ish new and maybe $100 used. 

There is also...  the Audio Technica ATH A900x which you can find on eBay fora bout $100 but they are... a little big. Not as good for portable as the other 2 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 4
JVC HA-S500 on-ear folding closed headphones, $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back