$150 budget for portable headphones (for running/exercising)
Jun 26, 2004 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

touser

New Head-Fier
Hi all, i am in the market for a pair of good headphones for running and exercising hard with. My budget is $150 so i am looking for something with pretty good sound quality but can also stand up to alot of sweat. Thanks in advance!

Jun 26, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 11
I was asking about this last week. The only problem I have with the e2c's is the sound you get in your head from your footsteps and hearbeat. I haven't fully gotten used to it yet. I was all told the Koss KSC-35's were awesome for working out too. I ordered them from Koss's site but they have yet to come in yet.

Jun 26, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for the reply's! I'll look into the e2c's they look good. I had a pair of the koss KSC-35's and while they sounded good i cant stand the HORRIBLE ear clips they have! They are the worst things ever imo, i had to return them. I like the earclips that the sony headphones have much better where the headphone is not being completely supported by only your ear.

Jun 26, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 11
"Big enough audiophile" blagh I say! Just kidding. Whatever fits your budget. One of the good things about the ER4Ps is that you won't get as much of an upgrade itch in the future. (unless you want to buy ue 5 or ue 10 pro!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Jun 26, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
If you save up a little more you can buy used ER4Ps which are supposedly great for portable uses...

These are actually the worst option for running due to the hideous microphonics. Null, I take it you've never used these from the way your response is worded?

They are find for travelling while stationary, e.g. on a plane or train, but useless for strenuous activity.

Jun 26, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 11
Heh, ok thanks again for the reply null. I am looking into those e2c's but i am struggling to find any stores locally that would carry them so i can at leats look at them up close before i buy. Does anyone know of any retail shops that carry them, i'm in southern california so if a shop that carries them exists they should be here somewhere
smily_headphones1.gif

*edit*
Just called Fry's electronics and they have a pair so i think i'll be heading over there today to take a look.

Jun 27, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #10 of 11
Just wanted to let everyone know i picked up a pair of the Shure e2c's last night from fy's and they work great. When i put them on most ambient noise was gone and all you can hear is the music. I went on a 4 mile jog last night and they worked great, didn't pop out of my ear once and never caused any pain or discomfort. Thanks for the recommendations, i love them so far!

Jun 27, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 11
great!

I'm assuming these are your first piece of high quality audio equipment?

If you keep browsing around on head-fi, they probably won't be your last either.

I guess the saying here is, "Welcome to Head-FI... sorry about the wallet."

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back