$150 Best Buy | Headphone Recommendation
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shaels

New Head-Fier
Hi!

New to the forum and appreciate any advice you might lend. I have $150 to spend at Best Buy - must be at Best Buy - and I'm looking for a pair of on-ear, closed headphones. Beyond the sound itself, I value portability, which is why I'm leaning toward on-ear. Closed ear due to a preference not to share my music with others.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Fair enough! I'm really not loving anything on the BB website to be honest. I was thinking about getting a pair of P5s but they seem a bit over-priced in general and certainly on the website. They have the Bose AE2 and OE2 and the Harmon Kardons. Most of the Sennheiser  - except for the Px-200lli - and AKG models seem to be over-the-ear rather than on-ear. They also have the Klipsch Image One. Everything else seems to be Monster, Sol Republic and Beats.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Do you have a Magnolia nearby? Mine usually has a few headphones you could try out.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 6
I would say either the Sony MDRX05 or the Sennheiser HD 360 Pro from a quick glance at the site. The Sony's are on ear, but the Sennheiser's are over ear. Both brands make pretty good stuff.

The Sony's look better and have larger frequency range. As for the sound quality, I haven't used them enough to compare them but you might be able to try them at the Best Buy store. I believe the Sennheiser's are more balanced sounding and have great reviews while I believe the Sony's are bass heavy, if that is the kind of music you listen to.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't seem to have a Magnolia near by. The Sony model looks interesting, is it well-rated here on the forums? What about the Px-200lli? I've read good reviews here, but do have some concerns around the long-term durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back