$15 cup of coffee
Dec 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So yesterday I was at this fancy coffee shop and bought this cup of coffee that was $14.99 plus tax. It was made from Kona coffee beans which is one of the most expensive coffees in the world. Here's the pic.

How did it taste?

It was good.

Was it worth it?

While it was good, it wasn't mind blowing. I wasn't transported back to the jungle of coffee trees and did not see the water falls and visions of virgins carrying me to the higher realm. It actually kind of tasted plain. That being said, if you love Kona coffee, then enjoy!

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 15

Someone gave me a pound of Kopi Luwak from Java. I wish they would have just given me money.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 15
I wanna try that Kopi coffee some day.

I'm now back in the fancy coffee shop as I'm typing. I'm drinking a coffee from an Ethiopian bean. This cup is at a cheaper economical price of $6.48 for a cup.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 15
I remember during my college days, coffee would cost less than a dollar at the foodcourt! (40 to 50 cents perhaps)

Students are poor...
eek.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 15
Buy a thermo and make your coffee at home :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #8 of 15
Coffee quality can be pretty surprising. During our roadtrip earlier this year, my wife and I had double espressos at a random gas station just south of Passa dello Stelvio in Italy that was better than most coffees I've had here in the US. I think we paid less than 3 euros. Go figure...

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 15
I wanna try that Kopi coffee some day.

I'm now back in the fancy coffee shop as I'm typing. I'm drinking a coffee from an Ethiopian bean. This cup is at a cheaper economical price of $6.48 for a cup.

Why????????? Civet poop coffee? Not for me. I cringe just thinking about it. I don't care how good it tastes. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 15
It's not the same kind of poop you think. Not all poop is equal.

Huh????????? It is the end product of an animal's digestive system. 

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 15
One animals trash is anothers coffee bean

There is also ridiculously expensive black ivory coffee, which is elephant poop coffee. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ivory_coffee

What will they think of next? Bonobo poop coffee? Panda poop coffee? White tiger poop coffee? Not only are these animals endangered species, they might also not be too fond of eating coffee beans. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back