13th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - October 16 (Sunday)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #61 of 74

Nothing to do with the rules, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meet. My health has taken another hit and I'm somewhat down for the count. Let me know how to get the money I committed to you. And I hope everyone enjoys the meet. Looking forward to some impressions and pics afterwards! Hope to see everyone at the next meet....

Dale

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #63 of 74
Nothing to do with the rules, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meet. My health has taken another hit and I'm somewhat down for the count. Let me know how to get the money I committed to you. And I hope everyone enjoys the meet. Looking forward to some impressions and pics afterwards! Hope to see everyone at the next meet....

Dale

Hey Dale,

Sorry you couldn't make it. Hope you're feeling better today. Don't worry about the money part; the room costs were covered by those who attended. Will get some impressions and pics up this week, as I hope will others who were there. See you next time?

Eric

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #65 of 74
Aww crap, lousy timing on my part to find out about the Calgary meet one day after it happened (just another case of being a day late and a dollar short 
biggrin.gif
).

I don't have much in the way of gear (Schiit Modi Multibit and Magni Uber, an Audio-Opus Opus #11 DAC plus some Trinity IEMs and PSB M4U 1s) but still would have liked to attend.

I scan Head-Fi periodically but had not come across this thread before today so if there is some kind of notification system for future Calgary meets, I would definitely be interested.  If not I will just try to keep my eyes peeled for a new thread.

Cheers,
TTGuy

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #66 of 74
  Thanks for a good meet! It was good meeting everybody and play with the toys. I hope everybody, Dave in particular, made it home safely.

Tom

Thanks Tom....yeah, the roads were fine. Started to get a little foggy when I got closer to Edmonton but made it home safe and sound.

It was great meeting everyone (new friends and old). Meet-ups are fun. Maybe someday we can get enough folks up here in Edmonton to show more interest and we can host one.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #67 of 74
Sounds like you guys had fun.  @EdmontonCanuck it would be good to organize a small scale gathering here locally. I can't host one personally, but perhaps we can rent out a library room, Grant mac / university room.

Closer to the Holiday season I'll connect with the Edmonton head-fiers and see if we want to have a Winter Seasonal Head-fi meet. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #69 of 74
Aww crap, lousy timing on my part to find out about the Calgary meet one day after it happened (just another case of being a day late and a dollar short :D ).

I don't have much in the way of gear (Schiit Modi Multibit and Magni Uber, an Audio-Opus Opus #11 DAC plus some Trinity IEMs and PSB M4U 1s) but still would have liked to attend.

I scan Head-Fi periodically but had not come across this thread before today so if there is some kind of notification system for future Calgary meets, I would definitely be interested.  If not I will just try to keep my eyes peeled for a new thread.

Cheers,
TTGuy

PM me your email and I'll add you to the list for next time.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #70 of 74
  Closer to the Holiday season I'll connect with the Edmonton head-fiers and see if we want to have a Winter Seasonal Head-fi meet. 

Depending on the timing, I may make the drive north so feel free to ping me if you decide to have an Edmonton meet. The Calgary meet was a good time.

Tom 

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #71 of 74
Sounds like you guys had fun.  @EdmontonCanuck
 it would be good to organize a small scale gathering here locally. I can't host one personally, but perhaps we can rent out a library room, Grant mac / university room.

Great idea! I may be able to get us a moderately sized room at the Uni here for no cost at some point down the road, I'll have to look into it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #72 of 74
Great idea! I may be able to get us a moderately sized room at the Uni here for no cost at some point down the road, I'll have to look into it.

Hi Swich401, I'll make sure to connect with you in November. That would be awesome if we can get a space at the UofA like we did last time.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #73 of 74

Depending on the timing, I may make the drive north so feel free to ping me if you decide to have an Edmonton meet. The Calgary meet was a good time.

Tom 

Noted, will do!

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #74 of 74
Happy Monday, folks. I've posted a quick comment and pics to the Impressions thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/823050/calgary-13th-head-fi-meet-impressions-oct-16-2016#post_12959144), so come on by for a visit.

Would love to hear about your highlights and impressions of gear, too. And if you took any photos, please upload them... I realize I missed a whole bunch of cool gear, and would enjoy a visual reminder of the other items in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back