13 yeard old that needs a suggestion.
Apr 15, 2010 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

cookiesowns

New Head-Fier
13 yeard old that needs a suggestion.

I'm looking for some IEM's that has a little less bass than the vibes, but with dual driver dynamics. I listen to all sorts of music from Eminem to Beethoven.

My budget is around 0$-100$ at the most, would like some easy on the ear buds, while providing the above. I REALLY do not want them to be over powering, but rather crisp and clear.

I have a pair of Sony MDR-NC50s on my PC with a decent sound card, and i really love how these headphones sound, really crisp with nice bass, and not over-powering. (EQ'd) I really would love similar IEM's

With these IEM's I'll most likely be using them on my iPhone or my HTC HD2 with the SRS drivers. All my MP3's are over 192 bit rate.

I suppose I have a bit of audiophile blood, ( My Mom side are almost all musicians ) and my dad loves music, has his own listening room.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #2 of 18
Wow, a thirteen year old that uses correct grammar and sentence structure on the internet. (hah, I come from gaming forums)

Look through here and find something that suits you.

I would suggest the MEelec M11, SoundMagic PL-50 and the RE0 for you, although there are many other options you could consider.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 18
Quoting from cookies: "I'm looking for some IEM's that has a little less bass than the vibes", "I REALLY do not want them to be over powering, but rather crisp and clear."

RE0 is the way to go dude
smily_headphones1.gif

awesome highs and accurate bass but not over-powering.
Welcome to head-fi ^^

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 18
If you want a little more bass than the RE0, the Visang R03 or the Fischer Audio Eterna would sound like good candidates. Alternatively perhaps the Hippo VB where you could actually adjust the bass level.

Disclaimer: I have only heard the RE0 and really like its highs but feel the bass quantity is too little.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for your wallet...

Very, very sorry..

On topic: RE0 seems like it would be the ideal IEM for you. I can vouch that it plays classical very well and the bass is never overpowering.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, a thirteen year old that uses correct grammar and sentence structure on the internet. (hah, I come from gaming forums)

Look through here and find something that suits you.

I would suggest the MEelec M11, SoundMagic PL-50 and the RE0 for you, although there are many other options you could consider.

I think i made a mistake, I'm actually 14, haha. And I also come from gaming
smily_headphones1.gif
, played several FPS competitively , used my Sony's with them... a waste i know..

I really do not like purchasing items thru the internet as the return policy is a hassle, and I'm going over-seas really soon..

What do you think of the Klipsch's Custom-1 or the S4s?

Durability? I need something that would last me about 1-2 years... My Vibe lasted about 4 months.. ( took a trip in the washing machine as i came back to the US for vacation
frown.gif
)

Edit: Anyone know if the RE0 are available in stores like best buy?

Edit2: How does the RE0 perform when it comes to dynamics?

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 18
The best place to buy the RE0 would be from head-direct. 80+10 shipping.
It's clear and detailed, but the bass isn't very strong. If you're coming from sonys you may find it a little light. Its build quality is pretty crap tbh, but the sound is amazing.
For a more mainstream sound and better build quality, take a look at the M6, it would be a lot closer to anything you've heard than the RE0.

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #9 of 18
I took a look at the Monster Beats By Dr. Dre... Would tear a black hole in my wallet, but they seem durable. Is it worth the investment? And would it suit me well?

I just absolutely enjoy my Sony's MDR-NC50s with Active noise cancellation. I'm still using stock wires on these cans...

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiesowns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took a look at the Monster Beats By Dr. Dre... Would tear a black hole in my wallet, but they seem durable. Is it worth the investment? And would it suit me well?

I just absolutely enjoy my Sony's MDR-NC50s with Active noise cancellation. I'm still using stock wires on these cans...

Better go the Panasonic HJE900 if you think that's durable.
Frankly, the general opinion on these forums is that Monster stuff usually sucks/is overpriced, with the exception of Gold and Copper Turbines. The Coppers are better, don't trust the names.

Dynamics: Soft -> loud and stuff.
Pretty much anything with a driver will be able to do dynamics. What you want is good performance at low volumes, which isn't really a big issue for most IEMs.

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Active noise cancellation=NONO.
IEM=Noise Isolation=FTW

Yes, yes, I know, but my Vibes broke down
frown.gif

I used to use my Vibes on the airplane with my Sony's over them.
smily_headphones1.gif
double noise cancellation.

So your best recommendations are to go with the Head-Directs? I like the Bass on the vibes it seem just right, but the highs are a bit choppy if i shall say, mids were decent. iPhone 3GS with Bass booster preset.

My definition of dynamics is like say you were in a room with some Quality Audiophile setup, you get that airy feeling as if you were there. Instead of regular In-ears just throwing you everything it has directly into your ear.
Thats why I love the sony's It gives me everything I need.

I know that IEM's might not compare to Over-ears in this segment, but is there anything that would give similar performance to it without breaking the bank?

Available in retail stores would be really nice too.

Thank you for all your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 18
hmmm...airy feeling.......maybe u mean soundstage?
if it is i could recommend the ie7.
FWIR, it has almost similar soundstage to the ie8 which is very large.
I think u can get it at retail shops and the bass is also nice if i'm not wrong

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better go the Panasonic HJE900 if you think that's durable.
Frankly, the general opinion on these forums is that Monster stuff usually sucks/is overpriced, with the exception of Gold and Copper Turbines. The Coppers are better, don't trust the names.

Dynamics: Soft -> loud and stuff.
Pretty much anything with a driver will be able to do dynamics. What you want is good performance at low volumes, which isn't really a big issue for most IEMs.

How is the sound quality on the Panasonics? Do you think ( by my descriptions ) It'll fit nicely with my ears in terms of Audio Quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back