12th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - November 15 (Sunday)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #31 of 102
Hi everyone,

Still deciding if I will be able to make it. Sounds like there are a couple others from Edmonton heading down :) 

I really want to come down and share my MDR-7520 which is a closed back like none-other I've heard in its unique presentation of very neutral mid-range, slightly tamed highs, and tightly accented bass. 

If I do come, I will go a day earlier as driving there and back was just too much last time (would have helped if I slept the night before..).

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #32 of 102
Stuff ill bring 

Amp/dacs
Audio gd 15.32
Teac ud-h01

Headphones
Hifiman HE-400
Beyerdynamics DT 880's ,770's
Audio Technica A900x's
Sennheiser Amperiors

going to leave my audio-gd roc at home this time its just to big to bring again.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #33 of 102
  Hi everyone,

Still deciding if I will be able to make it. Sounds like there are a couple others from Edmonton heading down :) 

I really want to come down and share my MDR-7520 which is a closed back like none-other I've heard in its unique presentation of very neutral mid-range, slightly tamed highs, and tightly accented bass. 

If I do come, I will go a day earlier as driving there and back was just too much last time (would have helped if I slept the night before..).

Hope you can make it... You have me intrigued with the MDR-7520. Could be interesting to compare with whichever ZMF closed back gets sent to me for the meet (will know by week's end).

Stuff ill bring 

Amp/dacs
Audio gd 15.32
Teac ud-h01

Headphones
Hifiman HE-400
Beyerdynamics DT 880's ,770's
Audio Technica A900x's
Sennheiser Amperiors

going to leave my audio-gd roc at home this time its just to big to bring again.

Looks like we'll have two NFB-15s (bought mine just after Audio-GD announced that model was being discontinued). 

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #34 of 102
Juggling my Sunday schedule to make it to the meet.  Keep you posted.  Thanks for all your hard work on making this happen @hakushondaimao

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #35 of 102
  Juggling my Sunday schedule to make it to the meet.  Keep you posted.  Thanks for all your hard work on making this happen @hakushondaimao

Woohoo! Good news!

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #36 of 102
Hi folks,

The meet is now a week away. Smallish group, but that's alright. Looks like we have some great gear coming. If you haven't let us know what you're bringing yet, please let us know on with a post here so we can all get excited about the things we'll get to try out.

Still waiting for responses from @ian209@GNURush@ady1989@Eddie C@loremipsum@furyagain@JonJeffman@Febri Misaka@rosie bowers@SlimShady@Jazzkammer@Wingstrike@alphones@dWeLLeR@micmacmo, and @canterra. Not sure if you've seen the previous messages about the meet, and hoping you'll see the update this time.

Meet rules/guidelines will be the same pretty much as last time. Will repost from the 11th Meet thread into Post #2 of this one shortly. Big difference this time around is proximity to a snack bar for food and drinks.

See you all on the 15th.

Eric

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #37 of 102
Big difference this time around is proximity to a snack bar for food and drinks.

And air conditioning!

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #38 of 102

And air conditioning!

beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #39 of 102
I'd love to attend but other commitments won't allow it. Have a great session, all. And share photos and impressions, please!

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #40 of 102
  I'd love to attend but other commitments won't allow it. Have a great session, all. And share photos and impressions, please!

Will do.

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #41 of 102
Arrived today from A&K... making an appearance this Sunday is...

Also got word that I'll probably have TWO pairs of ZMF 'phones along for the ride.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #42 of 102
Cool cool. I can bring the Schiit Wyrd/MB Gungnir/Eddie Current Zana Deux/HD-650 rig. Also Stax if anyone is interested... the SRS-2170 which is the entry level setup... sounds nice with Gumby.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #44 of 102
Went searching through previous Calgary meet lists and would like to invite @SlimShady
, @Jazzkammer
, @Wingstrike
, @alphones
, @dWeLLeR
, @micmacmo
, @canterra
 and @jaycalgary
. If you can make it to this one, we'd love to see you and hear your gear!

I will try to make it but I am returning to Edmonton from Banff on Sunday and I would love to stop in for a couple of hours but my girlfriend is still giving me grief for going to the Calgary meetup last year, so I will see what I can do. She won't want to go though.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 102
Who is bringing the Angie's? I was hoping to try them before I pull the trigger on a pair myself. Hopefully if I can't make it then at least the Angie owner is from Edmonton and I can meet with them another time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back