1212M nonstop headaches with sound in game Call of Duty
Mar 27, 2005 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Asterix

Banned
I have tried everything, followed instructions given to me directly from Creative Professional's tech support, messed with PCI latency settings, checked every possible setting in Windows and BIOS, I've changed slots twice, messed with patchmix settings including trying 48khz resampling... I don't know what else to try. The only thing I can think of that might fix it temporarily, since the problem is intermittant (sounds cuts out until I restart patchmix session) is to bind a command to the keyboard that will restart the patchmix session, but I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mar 27, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
I have tried everything, followed instructions given to me directly from Creative Professional's tech support, messed with PCI latency settings, checked every possible setting in Windows and BIOS, I've changed slots twice, messed with patchmix settings including trying 48khz resampling... I don't know what else to try. The only thing I can think of that might fix it temporarily, since the problem is intermittant (sounds cuts out until I restart patchmix session) is to bind a command to the keyboard that will restart the patchmix session, but I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

i havent had that problem. sorry cant be of help

Mar 27, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 19
It's the crappy EMU drivers as usual, if you tried everything possible then you have two choices, sell the card or wait (long wait!) for EMU/Creative to come up with MUCH better driver for their cards.

I have no problems with using Winamp via ASIO, but playing back movies through WMP and games the sound drops out every few minutes...
mad.gif

I use the onboard sound and loop the output to my EMU's analog inputs to get round this problem with movies/games...

Edit: there is a EMU representative on this forum, so complain there: http://www.productionforums.com/emu/...sp?FORUM_ID=25

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 19
consider picking up a cheap second sound card just for games. audigy 2 or something. you'll also get a small performance boost over using the emu.

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Can you list your system specs? I ran accross a similar post on another message board and the person mentioned that he switched to the 71.84 nvidia drivers (if you're using an nvidia card, of course).

i've had mixed results with games and the 1212m but i just played Half-Life 2 with the above drivers and all worked well. the sound didn't go out.

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #7 of 19
i have the same issue, the emu1212 is conflicting with my pci ide ata133 controller, as soon as i disable it, and reboot, it works, with COD.

Mar 29, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 19
AFAIK, the 1212M has got its own IRQ on my system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
i have the same issue, the emu1212 is conflicting with my pci ide ata133 controller, as soon as i disable it, and reboot, it works, with COD.

Mar 29, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalzone
Can you list your system specs? I ran accross a similar post on another message board and the person mentioned that he switched to the 71.84 nvidia drivers (if you're using an nvidia card, of course).

i've had mixed results with games and the 1212m but i just played Half-Life 2 with the above drivers and all worked well. the sound didn't go out.

amd athlon xp 2700+
NFI 'Lan Party' motherboard
antec case + PSU
radeon 9800 pro xt 256mb (latest drivers)

anything else you need to know?

Mar 29, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 19
are there really loads of problems with the e-mu and sound cutting out... i just played counter strike for 40 minutes seemed to work...

is it ones of those "some people have problems" and some dont?

Mar 30, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanjulian
are there really loads of problems with the e-mu and sound cutting out... i just played counter strike for 40 minutes seemed to work...

is it ones of those "some people have problems" and some dont?

Unfortunately yes.

Mar 30, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

AFAIK, the 1212M has got its own IRQ on my system.

same here ... but it still farks up.

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 19
I just spoke with E-mu tech support and they told me to install the 0404 1.71 updates to patchmix and the drivers, and said it won't affect the performance of the card. I will report back with results.

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #14 of 19
However! From a different tech support rep I got this:

"The E-MU product that you now own is a professional digital audio
recording tool. It was designed and is focused on audio and music
creation as it?s top priority. It is possible that it may not perform
as well as, or the same as other soundcards in non professional audio
applications such as games or Internet related audio. "

we'll see what the 1.71 0404 drivers do ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back