1212M Hot Hot Hot?
Jan 10, 2005 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

twodeko

100+ Head-Fier
i was messing around with a couple connections behind my computer and didn't realize that my dinovo keyboard (with usb/power paired cable) was tugging on my 1/4" outputs and put some stress on it. i dont know if it is my mind, but ever since i have been home and installed my wireless adapter, it has sounded a little distorted. the tugging just put more fear into me, and i was wondering if having more devices can throw off such a solid card and if tugging on the outputs a little can add hotness to the sound and give some popping. i had a DAC mod done to the card but like i said, these issues seem recent.

twodeko

btw, i have a -5.63dB trim pot on the card and have experimented with different volumes in foobar. im running asio out at 32bit fp and dont have any other DSP effects on besides volume control.

Jan 10, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 3
There's a choice between +4 and -10db output on the 1212M, perhaps you should configure a new Patchmix session at -10 to see if that helps with the distortion.

Jan 10, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 3
that might be the case, but i have tried both with the +4 and -10 creating the pops and clicks. im in a college dorm room so the room is not perfect but there is audible distortion in the sound. all the albums are aps/apx/flac eac ripped so that is not an issue either.

im thinking a reformat might be in store... for IRQ configs the soundcard is on its own channel and next to the video card and 1394 controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back