1200mAh 9V NiMH, Interesting!
Jun 15, 2002 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

zhtham

Head-Fier
Energizer NiMH Rechargeable 9V Battery

I have never seen any 9V rechargeable that can hold such high charges! 1200mAH. It'll last 8 times longer than the 9V NiMH i'm currently using! My Penguin CHA47 will be SOOooo.. Happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Just placed an order online, will let you guys know if it's truely so when i get the battery.

Z.

Jun 15, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 17
1200 mAh for a 9V? That strikes me as farfetched when a 1.5V C or D cell has same number of current-hours. If the spec is true, then the 9V has 6 times more power than the C or D cell. I really don't think so.

Jun 15, 2002 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 17
That'd be amazing if it were the case...

I think its more likely to be a typo... someone got a little carried away with the 0 key...

I wonder if you could get 9 extra batteries from them for their typo to make it that you DO have 1200mah of power
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2002 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 17
It's absolutly a type:

http://data.energizer.com/batteryinf...er_nimh.htm#9V

That's Energizer's own datasheet.

Besides, if the ability to increase the power density of NiMH by a factor of 10 actually occured it would be such a major item that it would be all over the place. BTW, this would be about double the capacity of an alkaline 9V.

The lesson here is to not believe everything you see. I would send the battery back to the company and get your money back because they advertised incorrectly and you bought based on this expectation that wasn't true.

Jun 15, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 17
on the energizer website I can only see one Lithium Ion 9v battery, for medical use - and, yes it is 1200mah - but it isn't rechargeable?!?

Jun 15, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
on the energizer website I can only see one Lithium Ion 9v battery, for medical use - and, yes it is 1200mah - but it isn't rechargeable?!?

Not all lithium batteries are secondary! Not all Alkalines are primary.

I'm telling you, this is a typo.

Lithium batteris have a higher power density than alkaline so a 1200maH lithium 9V isn't out of the question. A 1200maH NiMH absolutly is! To get around this would break laws of physics!!

Jun 17, 2002 at 6:31 AM Post #9 of 17
whats wierd is that in canadian walmarts they sell energizer 9v NiMH rechargables. The packaging says "ACCU Energizer rechargable". However, the contents of it vary. Some of the packages include a 9v energizer rechargable, while other include a EVEREADY 9v rechargable.

While i know eveready owns energizer, it does not make sense to include both in the same packaging.

Jul 16, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 17
Hey Amazon has a special on the Energizer 9V Accu rechargeable batteries. Will this work well with the CHA-47. They don't have very good reviews on Amazon's site... but they look like they will work fine. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jul 16, 2002 at 7:18 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by smaagar
Hey Amazon has a special on the Energizer 9V Accu rechargeable batteries. Will this work well with the CHA-47. They don't have very good reviews on Amazon's site... but they look like they will work fine. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

NiMH is NiMH... The only thing to look at is the mAH and that tends to all run within a few hunderd of each other anymore.

If it's a good price and they are *new* batteries, I say go for it if they are 1200+ mAH.

They likely don't get good reviews because, compared to an alkaline, they last about half as long on a charge for *most* common applications.

Jul 16, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 17
Well... here's my dilemma: I am going to be powering a CHA-47 with these...

For $20 I can get a charger made by millenium (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...I2GQI9PSAGEZDR) and also the energizer batteries (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...479408-9268740). Plus I have a $15 gift certificate so thats like $5 plus shipping.

Or I could buy from Thomas Distribuiting the Plainview 9V and the Plainview Charger for about $20 plus shipping (which is supposedly better)

Any recommendations? Will I really notice a difference between the two? Another consideration is I can also power my AAA batteries for my mp3 player with the Millenium charger from amazon.

thanks again

Jul 16, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 17
acs, good point... It really depends on the opamp installed.

Whatever you do do NOT skimp on the charger. If you do you'll be frying batteries by accident after a few cycles. Get a good charger that does DeltaV to determine charge capicity. If you go with a cheap one that is timer only something bad will happen and they will vent. WHen this happens it's as good as dead as it will never hold a charge the same, or at all, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back