1101 Audio custom crafted headphone amps
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #766 of 1,284
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #767 of 1,284
I'm not sure if the word is out. However, As the first Blue Halo, A2029 , power conditioner , and adaptors owner, I will stamp it here. Mischa is the absolute best person to deal with both in terms of his customer service, however in terms of his audio designs that are absolutely ground-breaking . He firmly stands behind everything he does and sadly no @A2029 isnt paying me a cent for my raving about is work over a year after I've received it.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #768 of 1,284
Mischa is the absolute best person to deal with both in terms of his customer service, however in terms of his audio designs that are absolutely ground-breaking
I have been working with Mischa for several months now, on a new ground-breaking design (details will follow when the amp is finally built) and I can absolutely agree that Mischa is:
a. Very patient!!! Sorry Mischa for the hundreds of questions... or so it feels... :flushed:
b. Very smart and outside-the-box thinker, which enables:
c. Open to crazy (and I mean wildly crazy) ideas :smirk:
Half the crazy (or was it just insane) ideas for my amp started with "that cannot be done". When I asked "why?", Mischa explained patiently, but added "let me think some more about it", followed (the next day) by "I think I have a solution to implement that idea" and concluded by "Yeah, I can do it" :smiley:

Cannot wait for my number to come up in Mischa's queue. As promised, details WILL follow, but that would take a little while...

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #770 of 1,284
Still hoping some White Dwarf owners will contribute their impressions. A lot has been posted on the Blue Halo but precious little on the White Dwarf... :wink:

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #771 of 1,284
I have been working with Mischa for several months now, on a new ground-breaking design (details will follow when the amp is finally built) and I can absolutely agree that Mischa is:
a. Very patient!!! Sorry Mischa for the hundreds of questions... or so it feels... :flushed:
b. Very smart and outside-the-box thinker, which enables:
c. Open to crazy (and I mean wildly crazy) ideas :smirk:
Half the crazy (or was it just insane) ideas for my amp started with "that cannot be done". When I asked "why?", Mischa explained patiently, but added "let me think some more about it", followed (the next day) by "I think I have a solution to implement that idea" and concluded by "Yeah, I can do it" :smiley:

Cannot wait for my number to come up in Mischa's queue. As promised, details WILL follow, but that would take a little while...
Agreed, I think Mischa is a very talented amp builder. My discussion with him also started with one crazy idea, and after a few days he came back and presented a solution to me that could work. He’s a very humble guy and I would imagine that he’ll be very busy making these great amps in the coming months.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #772 of 1,284
Still hoping some White Dwarf owners will contribute their impressions. A lot has been posted on the Blue Halo but precious little on the White Dwarf... :wink:
@mvneufeld I'm sorry I can't speak directly to the characteristics of a White Dwarf. I know if it's designed by @A2029 it's done so with the goal of a low impedance headphone amp in mind, and done to perfection like its big brother the Blue Halo amp that's designed specifically for high impedance headphones. I'm a strong believer in synergy. 1101 Audio = outstanding components Period . End of Story ,and sadly no Mischa is still not paying me for the love. lol

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #773 of 1,284
@mvneufeld I'm sorry that I can't speak directly to the characteristics of a White Dwarf. All I know if it's designed as
the lower impedance phones. I'm a strong believer in synergy.

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #774 of 1,284
Looking forward to it. Great to see all these options coming from all the custom amp builders on here.
Could not agree more.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #775 of 1,284
A Red Dwarf is starting to form over the Western skies.

IMG_20210824_155123.jpg
Is this an extra piece that wraps around the chassis?

Seeing other people's ideas I'm starting to regret being so boring and "inside the box" with mine...... but I'm sure it'll blow my shirt off the first time I hear it and none of those thoughts will matter anymore after that.

Sep 17, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #776 of 1,284
Is this an extra piece that wraps around the chassis?
Yes. And it only matters to me as I'm trying to match the color scheme of my DAC.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #778 of 1,284
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #779 of 1,284
Close. But it’s actually the earlier version - the regular R2R (non TRP version) Golden Atlantic I have in the living room.

Mischa has done an amazing job working with that copper case. I don’t think either of us realized how difficult copper is to work with. Big shout out to Lampizator and the guys in Poland for sharing some tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back