11 New Sony BA IEMs
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #76 of 845
I'm actually new to IEM and appreciate if any of you would teach me

1) how's this BA series comapred to JVC FXT90?
2) if I connect the XBA (not IP) series to those clip-on Bluetooth remote (e.g. Moto S605/ Sony BT60), would the sound quality then be affected by the remote set?

Thanks a lot

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #77 of 845

Quote:
I'm actually new to IEM and appreciate if any of you would teach me

1) how's this BA series comapred to JVC FXT90?
2) if I connect the XBA (not IP) series to those clip-on Bluetooth remote (e.g. Moto S605/ Sony BT60), would the sound quality then be affected by the remote set?

Thanks a lot

Probably only the industry insiders at sony can tell you about the sound. If you connect it to the bluetooth set, yes the quality will be affected as the signal wont be as good as conventional wired ones for at least another few years? unless you get those real expensive ones

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #78 of 845
Sep 16, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #80 of 845
Sep 16, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #82 of 845

Quote:

It says Sony is offering unconditional refunds to anyone that doesn't like the sound for any reason until January of next year, what's up with that? Lol.

Hmm sounds like Sony might be doing some serious market research with this. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of  'exit interview'-type survey for all the returned units just to find out what exactly the buyers were looking for sonically. It is, after all, their first foray into the BA realm (it is, isn't it?) and they'll probably want to use any opportunity they can to learn from mistakes. They may be a little insecure (i doubt it, tho) with their first set of BA offerings and are just testing the waters with this.

Or I could be just totally off and Sony's just being...nice.
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #83 of 845

Quote:

It says Sony is offering unconditional refunds to anyone that doesn't like the sound for any reason until January of next year, what's up with that? Lol.

That means that it's gonna be expensive.

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #86 of 845
It says the price of XBA series will be within 2990 to 15000 NT dollars (Taiwan), that is, $100 to $510. But the street price is expected to be lower, I think.

The start day to be sold in Taiwan will be in November.

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #87 of 845
Me thinks $99, $199, $299, $399, plus $50 to each for the iP variants. 
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #88 of 845

Quote:

Nevermind..... apparently Sony has had a sector working on developing these new BA's for over 3 years now.

This is going to be expensive, time to start working night shift people!!

This picture tells some business secrets of other companies, but Sony shows them to public...

It says Klipsch, ATH, UE, Shure all adopt the BA supplied by the same producer, but sony innovate its own BA technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back