10mm Thick Panel and Front Panel Express
Mar 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Horio

100+ Head-Fier
So I am messing around with my panel layouts on the Front Panel Express software. The software restricts you to a max of 4mm for the panel thickness even when providing your own material. For those of you who have used the Hifi2000 front panels with FPE, how did you get around this? Also, do you know of a good place to download HPGL files? I'm guessing you can download some commonly used ones somewhere.

Thanks

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I personally have never made anything thicker than 4mm, but I talked to one of the FPE folks in person when I picked up my last order (I work near there) and he said that you basically can supply anything non-ferrous up to 10mm thick as long as you leave 10cm around all the edges for the machine to be able to deal with it. He also said that they have raw aluminum (and maybe some other stuff, I can't remember) up to 10mm in stock.

For HPGL files I have used CorelDraw. You can save as HPGL. It is a little annoying to deal with and import (very old standard as far as I know) but it turns out well.

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The software restricts you to a max of 4mm for the panel thickness even when providing your own material. For those of you who have used the Hifi2000 front panels with FPE, how did you get around this?

Second question in the FAQ: Front Panel Designer Support *-*FAQ

Also, in File -> Frontpanel Properties, there is a dialog box named 'Remarks for production'. State in there what thickness you want the panels to be.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the tip Beefy. I read that in the FAQ's that they can do panels up to 10mm. I guess you just lay out the panel using the program max 4mm thickness. I just noticed that the program will let you specify cavities deeper than the panel thickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back