$1000 DAC and AMP Recomendation
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #17 of 18
Thanks that makes sense. 4490 seems highly rated as far as delta sigma goes. I do like the idea of multibit just not sure it’s necessary as an upgrade yet.

There's trade offs between the two. Also R2R dacs tend to cost more due to shear number of components involved in the build. Funny enough, since the chip has been out since Dec 2014, it now only cost up to $5 a pop on digikey. The new ak4497 cost around up to $45 a pop if memory server correctly.

Holo Audio Cyan would be in your range.

That looks like an interesting solution for the price range. The other Holo Audio product that I found when looking at R2R dacs was the Spring. It looks like the cyan is oos. The denefrips r2r dacs look really nice once you get past the beginner model, it's just way out of budget at my level.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 18
That looks like an interesting solution for the price range. The other Holo Audio product that I found when looking at R2R dacs was the Spring. It looks like the cyan is oos. The denefrips r2r dacs look really nice once you get past the beginner model, it's just way out of budget at my level.

Spring has no head amp and priced at $1500 for L1. Well, you could get them at around $1100 in used market but it's rare to even find one on sale. Cyan is a great all-in-one solution and if it sounds close to L1, it's quite a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back