100$, What would you buy?
Jan 6, 2008 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thesupreme1

Head-Fier
Well it's almost that time of year again. It's almost my Birthday! On my last birthday I got the V-Moda Vibes as my present, and on this birthday I'm looking to possibly replace them.

Now here are what I REQUIRE of my Headphones/IEM
110$ Shipped
Equal in bass as the V-Moda Vibes
Durability should not be an issue at any time
Not Fatiguing even with up to 10 hours on continuous listening
No Amp Needed with a Z:VM(Zen Vision:M)
An Improvement over my Vibes!
Just some requirements.

Now for the things I would like in just Headphone choices.

-Prefer Closed, I consider Vibes isolation to be adequate so if they are closed and isolate at least to that level then it is okay by me. If they are open I would like them to have an edge over closed sound quality wise.

-Be able to wear them around the neck when not in use. For me thats portable.

Now if I get an IEM I would like it to be just better then my Vibes. Same price point as last year but I'm sure prices drop in one year and what once wasn't an option now is. By better I mean everything bass, mids, highs. Except looks I can live without that.

Now for my tastes in music! I listen to Rap,Rock(Nothing too hardcore),Classical, RnB, and Pop. Those are the choices you guys will recognize. Now for some of the other thins I listen to some of you may not recognize! These are Duranguense , Cumbia, Nortena
Reggaeton
Bachata

If you feel like look click on the link to listen to a sample on Youtube. I need something that sounds good with ALL off that. I'm sorry but there is not that many of those songs in English and all of them are in Spanish. Listen to the beat instead of what they are saying, thats they key part!

So for Headphones I'm looking at the Denon AH-D100 and RP-21.
For IEM the only thing I'm really looking at are the Denon AH-C700. Chances are if I get IEM I'll get these, but nothing is set in stone.

Any suggestion welcome! If you listen to the links, post what you thought key details where so other members can some sort of summary of what you heard. Then recommend something that will sounds great with everything and better then my Vibes!

If you made it this far in my post thanks for reading =). You get a cookie!

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I have never heard the vibes, but from what I have read, the Denon's would probably be a great choice. Some people have experienced fit issues though (there are always a few with any canal phone though).

Definitely get them on Amazon if you are going to buy them. They have the best price by far:

Denon AH-C700

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Denon Ah-C700 from Amazon for $99 shipped.

The fit ALL your criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back