$100 "warm" sounding IEMs, do they exist?
Oct 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a half-way decent set of IEMs for round $100. Do they exist?

If I'm not already pushing my luck at that price-point, are there any that are "warm" sounding with good bass-response? My taste in music is towards the Hip-Hop/Soul/Jazz side of things.

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulSyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a half-way decent set of IEMs for round $100. Do they exist?

If I'm not already pushing my luck at that price-point, are there any that are "warm" sounding with good bass-response? My taste in music is towards the Hip-Hop/Soul/Jazz side of things.

At this price and your requirements would would be best served with a dynamic driver canalphone.

Look at the Denon c551.

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 34
You can get the c751 which is a good bit ahead of the 551 for around $100 - look at it as well as the 551 and UM1. The SE series isn't highly regarded around here for value until you get to 310 or higher

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 34
The Shures are indeed warm sounding, but that's basically the end of it
biggrin.gif
Like Tactical said, not such value for money.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the denons. Not sure I'd call the UM1 warm sounding. UM2 definitely, but for me UM1s are pretty neutral. The midrange sounds warm but I wouldn't call the bass warm.

Agreed. UM1 sounded quite neutral to me. I think UM1 is a great pair of headphones, but if you are looking for something warm, then I am not too sure if it will provide what you are looking for.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by azuredreamz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe a bit cheat, but Etymotic Er6i + FiiO E3 are pretty warm and good sounding, plus they're less than $100
smily_headphones1.gif

You're right, they have never really sounded better. Thanks for the tip. Now the 6i's go back into the rotation. They are the first pair of decent iems I ever bought and I haven't listened to them very much lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back