100% TRUE REVIEW ON THE SENNEISER HD6 MIX!!!!!
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Beat Head

New Head-Fier

I had spent 2 weeks with the HD8 DJ headphones. To be honest. They didn't fit my preference at all. To me they were a bit too dark and muffled. I even burned them in by letting them blast with static over nights. About 35 hours total. They seemed to brighten a bit after tht but still didn't fit my preference. I was wanting headphones for mixing productions and it seem like Sennheiser was trying to push the headphones to the max with promotions like it tops all 3 headphones in the HD DJ line. I even called them and asked which one out of the 3 shouldI choose for my application. Which is mixing. Most of them pointed out the HD8s. So I try them out and wasn't happy. So I returned them and exchanged for the HD6 MIX. The sound is extremely crisp and clean. I would say they are the most transparent headphones I ever owned. The sound quality remind me of the ATH-M50s but without the hollow airy mids tht makes the sound quality sound a lil thin. The HD6 is like the ATH-M50s on steroids. Thts the best way to describe them. But they are more balanced with tht in your face sound tht just makes it more present in your ears. I guess the Sennheiser guys are really trying to push the HD8s harder because of its strong and unique build quality which is eye catching. Think of these headsets like Mic pre amps. SOLID STATE = HD6 MIX. TUBE = HD7 & HD8 DJs. I am more than satisfied with the HD6 sound quality. I'm soo anxious to hear wht they sound like after been broken in. :grin:

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 5
I have tried hd6mix today , but I haven't try hd8dj yet , but I am curious about hd6mix and momentum more ,since both I have tried but I haven't compare them , what do u think about them?

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 5
But I agree hd6mix is very good headphone instead , but momentum rated very high too , so I am asking for help to choose between two

Been a while since I tried momentum (1 and 2 versions, over ear) but I was never impressed enough with them. The HD7 and HD6 I have I'm very impressed with. They are a welcome shift away from hyped high end that so many headphones have and build quality is great.

I "think" I prefer the hd6 a bit more when just listening to music, but the hd7's are a more fun sounding set. Admittedly I'm a mid-range kind of guy so I get tired of boosted lows and mids and the hd6 kind of fits me. I could see how others would be underwhelmed by it's sound sig though.

At the price they are now I think the 6 and 7's are GREAT values. I have a lot of headphones to choose from but I can see reaching for these more than many others.

One warning...when first listening they sounded terrible. Took about 8 hours of music playing thru them and they sounded a lot better. I don't believe it's my hearing adjusting as when I compare them now to other headsets I own they are similar, but on first opening they sounded comparatively a lot worse.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 5
i tried the hd 6 mix yesterday. they were creaky to hold....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back