100 to 140 dollar pair of Movie/TV/Game/Anime headphones? WON'T BE LISTENING TO MUSIC WITH THESE, AT ALL.
Jan 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hisagishi

100+ Head-Fier
Like the title says, any suggestions? also if it wasn't clear, I won't be listening to music with these at all. Also have to be closed, I have a noisy PC and neighbors.

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Alright gonna head to bed, I was thinking of the ATH-M50s or a USED pair of Custom One Pros. Anything that might be better for the same price? Are these good for the things I want them for?

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Those are probably better suited for music. The ATH M50s have a tight clamp making them uncomfortable for long periods of listening, and both aren't the lightest headphones. What exactly are you looking for in the headphones? Sound clarity, isolation, or is comfort the main priority? I generally don't care about sound quality beyond music.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Uhhmm, honestly isolation and comfort is pretty low on my list. Things like clamping force and earcups can all be fixed, right? 

My current headphones/set is a pair of vengeance 1500s, cost 60 bucks and not bad for the price.

I want something with more bass and treble, though voice clarity is also very worth it IMO.

In terms of gaming, does "soundstage positioning" matter if you have something that has dolby surround (something I quite enjoy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back