~$100 range
Nov 30, 2004 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
I've asked several times and still deciding, and i got the response of the 0404. i am actually thinking to look at a few diffrerent ones, could you tell me some other good sound cards in this price range and the better/worse things compared to the 0404?

also i am hearing that the 0404 is kinda.. complicated for a newbie. I dont know anything auot a sound card except sticking my speakers and headphones and mics in.
also i am just a musician wanting to record some stuff, but done well. and for listening to music ofcourse. im no pro on sound card functions and stuff.. i just want good sound and detail =]

edit : i MIGHT be using it to watch some live DVDs too.. any good soundcard wit that feature as well? (but doesnt lose its quality of sound and reocording stuff? :]

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I honestly don't think that the EMU 0404 is that complicated. Once you get the cables out of the way everything should be a breeze. All you need are 2 mono male adaptors > whatever your connecting it to. Currently I'm using 2 mono (m) > phono (f) plugs > rca > amp. I also commissioned a Head-Fier to make me some cables to replace this ratshack setup to see if there are differences.

As for the card itself, I don't think the controls of the volume and stuff is all that complicated.

dsp.JPG

You control the volume with the level...

Dec 2, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 4
oh no. i just realized that you cant use headphones directly into the 0404? i actually wanna record with headphones on so i can hear it extremely clearly and monitor at the same time!

can you plug direct into a 0404 or not? i dont get it...
if i want a pretty good sound card ~$100 with direct input for headphones with ASIO ...is the 0404 ok? or should i go with a more consumer type.. like the m-audio 2496... so i know how to figure everything out more easily..

my friend is saying that i could just run the soundcard liek this:

soundcard --> adaptorcables --> mic
--> adaptor cables --> headphones.

and then rock on.

true/ false?

edit: i do not have an amplifier for the headphones.. will it not be able to drive my A900s?

Dec 2, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
edit: i do not have an amplifier for the headphones.. will it not be able to drive my A900s?

With the right adapters you can hook them up directly, though I'd reccomend looking for a CMOY in the For Sale/Trade section on Head-Fi. You can find a basic one for around $35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back