$100 Mp3 player
Sep 14, 2006 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wid

500+ Head-Fier
I am new to the world of MP 3 players and would like to get some advice on what is avalable in the $100 price range. Looking into them a bit I keep coming back to the Creative lab Zen nano plus 1G. I don't need anything fancy but I would like to be able to use my Mcoy amp along with the player I end up buying. Ease of use is another big plus, I have no idea on what to expect.

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 4
I depends what your needs are, but if I was looking at a player with $100 right now I'd at least consider the 2GB iPod nano refurbished from Apple (type 'refurbished' at Apple store) for $99. You get a one year warranty. MP3, AAC, Audible, Apple Lossless, etc. support. Could use an adapter out the dock connector to an amp like many of us do.

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Depends on what you mean by "I have no idea on what to expect." If you mean it literally, I'd suggest a 2G iPod Shuffle, after users attest on its sound quality compared to the 1G iPod Shuffle, of course. Additionally, if you're willing to go through a price-match and rebate at a brick & mortar store, you might be able to grab a Sansa e260 (4GB) for $100 when all is said and done (I forgot who does the rebates and whether they still do it any more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back