100$-ish earphones: RHA VS 1More \General earphones reccomendations
Jan 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ido Dekel

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

i'm planning on purchasing new earphones, currently i'm using stock samsung earphones that came with a samsung phone a few years ago. before that i had my sennheiser mm30g which got lost.

i'm looking for headphones around 100$ although i can extend the price a little, my main considerations were the RHA ma750i and the 1More triple driver, i will be listening to music mainly through my phone as in my room i have a 5.1 ht system (although i am planning to check if the earphones sound better when plugged to the reciever\my pc). 
i'm not looking for "basshead" aimed earphones (no out of proportion bass), i guess i'm looking for relatively balanced experience that will fit many genres, i don't have much prior experience with headphones but in general i guess i'm not interested in overly bassy or overly harsh earphones, my top priority is that the sound and comfort will be good enough so i can listen to them for long periods of time, and that they will not constantly fall off my ears when using them on the go.

on one hand the RHA's over the ear design appealed to me because i figured the will not fall off my ears and cable noise will be reduced, yet the fact that their filter's mesh looks to be non metallic made me fear if i ever try to clean them from ear wax (which i assume will eventually build up) the filtert may be damadged...

on the other hand i really like the fact taht the remote on the 1More triple driver have a 3 buttons Android compatible remote, yet i feared that their big sound tube diameter may mean i can't find aftermarket tips from them if i lose my original tips, also the fact that they don't have an over the ear design made me fear they will fall off my ear...

i have also considered the V-Moda ZN, though i understood that it is bass heavy (is it really?) and dismissed it.

what do you think about these earphones? also if you have any suggestions and opinions about any other earphones you think may fit my needs i'll be happy for every help i can get, in any case i need the earphones to have a remote with at least a mic and 1 pause\play, also the fit and seal need to be good even when not using Comply tips, as much as i love music, i fear that i can't afford to buy them regularly, especially because if i understand correctly they will not fit well after some time of use...

sorry if my understandings are not accurate and for all the mess haha, this is my first post and the earphone scene is relatively new to me, also sorry if my english lacks, it's not my natvie languege.

thanks in advance!

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hello everyone!

i'm planning on purchasing new earphones, currently i'm using stock samsung earphones that came with a samsung phone a few years ago. before that i had my sennheiser mm30g which got lost.

i'm looking for headphones around 100$ although i can extend the price a little, my main considerations were the RHA ma750i and the 1More triple driver, i will be listening to music mainly through my phone as in my room i have a 5.1 ht system (although i am planning to check if the earphones sound better when plugged to the reciever\my pc). 
i'm not looking for "basshead" aimed earphones (no out of proportion bass), i guess i'm looking for relatively balanced experience that will fit many genres, i don't have much prior experience with headphones but in general i guess i'm not interested in overly bassy or overly harsh earphones, my top priority is that the sound and comfort will be good enough so i can listen to them for long periods of time, and that they will not constantly fall off my ears when using them on the go.

on one hand the RHA's over the ear design appealed to me because i figured the will not fall off my ears and cable noise will be reduced, yet the fact that their filter's mesh looks to be non metallic made me fear if i ever try to clean them from ear wax (which i assume will eventually build up) the filtert may be damadged...

on the other hand i really like the fact taht the remote on the 1More triple driver have a 3 buttons Android compatible remote, yet i feared that their big sound tube diameter may mean i can't find aftermarket tips from them if i lose my original tips, also the fact that they don't have an over the ear design made me fear they will fall off my ear...

i have also considered the V-Moda ZN, though i understood that it is bass heavy (is it really?) and dismissed it.

what do you think about these earphones? also if you have any suggestions and opinions about any other earphones you think may fit my needs i'll be happy for every help i can get, in any case i need the earphones to have a remote with at least a mic and 1 pause\play, also the fit and seal need to be good even when not using Comply tips, as much as i love music, i fear that i can't afford to buy them regularly, especially because if i understand correctly they will not fit well after some time of use...

sorry if my understandings are not accurate and for all the mess haha, this is my first post and the earphone scene is relatively new to me, also sorry if my english lacks, it's not my natvie languege.

thanks in advance!

There aren't a ton of IEMs in your price range that are good and that have a nice remote. I like the 750i a lot and it does have the over-ear guides. But sound-wise, I really think the 1more are superior now. The technology is impressive at its pricepoint. Just my two cents.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 5
will ear wax get caught on the filters of these earphones? it is a major concern for me as i fear i might damadge the earphone's filters when trying to clean them...

also how is the 1more's islolation? i herd their tips are shallow fitting and thus not as isolating as the RHA's, also will they fall off my ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back