~$100 IEM?
May 20, 2016 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Emmer

New Head-Fier
Hi, cant decide between Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear G or SoundMAGIC E10, tips

If they were both the same price, would the Sennheiser be of the better value? I can ONLY find good reviews about the SoundMagic E10 but 99% of the reviews are saying "you wont find better IEMs for this price" which might be completely true.

However if I spend double the money and get the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear G, will I get better audio quality?

May 20, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 8
You should also read about the Yamaha EPH-100

May 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 8
  Is it better than the Sennheiser?

Both Sennheiser Momentum In Ear and Yamaha EPH-100 share a similar sound signature, with boosted but still controlled bass, soft upper mids, and lively but not overly bright treble. The Yamahas are smaller and some would say that they best the Senns in terms of micro detail and black background. The Senns on the other hand might be a tad smoother across the board.

The Yamaha's isolate very well, while the Senns are average in that regard. On the other hand the rounded tips on the Senns might be a tad more comfortable. Both are solid picks among warm sounding IEMs.

May 21, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 8
Between the EPH 100 and Momentum I prefer the Yamaha. Besides, comparing the momentum and the soundmagic E10 isn't fair.

In your position, I would look for the se215, MA750i, Yamaha and momentum. Check out some reviews here and choose what suits you the best.   

May 21, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Based on experience of one year, the E10 far, far exceed their modest price in SQ. They easily compete with my IEMs costing $100 and up. They are also incredibly well made and durable. I have beaten mine to s&%^ and they remain pristine and like new. Really remarkable little monitors.

May 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 8
  Based on experience of one year, the E10 far, far exceed their modest price in SQ. They easily compete with my IEMs costing $100 and up. They are also incredibly well made and durable. I have beaten mine to s&%^ and they remain pristine and like new. Really remarkable little monitors.

Have you listened to the e80's at all?

wondering how they differ in sound, and if they are 'better'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back