$100 Home PC Speaker Build
Aug 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtmx29

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my junky Dell speakers for my home PC. I'm looking to spend around $100 but I would go up to $120-140 if need be. I was intrigued by the Lepai 2020a+ and the Dayton B562 combo found here. Unfortunately, upon further research the Dayton B562s are supposedly made of lesser quality.

Is there a solid replacement speaker that I can replace the Dayton's with of equal quality (to the original B562s)?

If anyone has a different build that would provide some great sound I'd be interesting in hearing what you've got.

I'm looking to use these for watching movies/ some gaming/ and listening to music. I listen to a lot of electronica/chill-out music. I'm also a huge fan of Radiohead, so that type of music would be played on this setup.

I understand that I will likely need to buy a small subwoofer down the line but for now I'd like something that can hold it's own without one.

Thanks,

-Taylor

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 4
I read somewhere on head-fi that Parts Express had updated the Dayton speaker line again to fix that problem. Might be worth searching some more on that topic and/or calling them to ask.

The Pioneer BS22 is a good speaker. Here's a review: http://www.stereophile.com/content/pioneer-sp-bs22-lr-loudspeaker

They will be a little bass light until you get a sub, but the NHT SuperZero 2.0s are a very good speaker for the sale price. See this review: http://www.hometheater.com/content/nht-superzero-20-speaker-system

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the information!

I actually e-mailed parts express and was told that the problem with the B652s has been taken care of. The technician I talked to also said they will stand behind their product's quality.

I put my order in for them today.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 4
I actually e-mailed parts express and was told that the problem with the B652s has been taken care of. The technician I talked to also said they will stand behind their product's quality.

Not surprised. They are all about DIY for building speakers and subs. Gotta figure they want to stand by their house brand :)

Be sure to come back and share your thoughts on how it sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back