$100 headphones to Canada
May 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

FatalityxZ

New Head-Fier
Looking for a decent pair of cans, here are some criteria.

-Less than $100 shipped to Canada (toronto)
-Decent build quality
-Open or closed doesnt matter
-I listen to rock, pop, and techno
-Must be comfortable

May 14, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 16
You could grab the Shure SRH-440 at Long & McQuade locally for $100.  Wouldn't be a bad choice for those genres.

May 14, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 16
Alessandro as far as I know ships worldwide, but I suspect that you may be hit with duties on its way here.

They have an authorized dealer here in GTA area (http://www.stereotype-audio.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=2) and I'm guessing that after duties it'll probably end up being around the same price anyway... probably worth it to buy it for slightly more and have the convenience of getting it much quicker locally.       

May 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 16
I ordered MS1i from Alessandro directly and I have not been hit with any duties, though your experience may differ. The canadian border is rather hit or miss: I once paid duties for a package of 4 CDs, yet I paid none on my $3000 turntable from TTVJ (and yes, the package had the real price on it).

May 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 16
Just order direct from Alessandro - absolutely FREE shipping and even if value is declared at $100.00
it is highly unlikely you'll be hit with the $10 to $15 duties fees as Customs rarely acts on such a small amount.
I really don't see what the issue is  - I'm Canadian and ordered mine direct from Alessandro - didn't
cost me a penny over $100 at the time. Why on earth would you pay Stereotype audio an extra 20 dollars
or more and shipping for doing the same thing you can do?

May 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #14 of 16
for open get some koss porta-pros (ms-1, or grados i find uncomfortable)

closed try some audio technica  ath-m50s - ebay + import duty will be over $100 but prob. worth it.

but seriously i doubt you'll ever regret having a set of porta-pros around.  i bought a pair a few years ago from a shop on yonge st. across from the eaton centre.  with shipping and duty they'll only be a little more expensive than buying them online from the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back