100 Greatest Albums (Time Magazine)
Feb 7, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #46 of 72
Oh my, you've got to kidding me. Out of Time instead of Automatic for the People for 90s REM? Document instead of Murmur? GARTH BROOKS' ROPIN THE WIND??! Come on, if you really want to include Garth Brooks in that list, he has way better albums. Pink Floyd's DSOTM, The Arcade Fire's Funeral, and many others trump half the list.

Seriously, top 100 lists usually suck, but this one sucks even worse than the Rolling Stones list. Come on, it takes effort to suck that bad.

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #47 of 72
Possibly the worst list I've seen yet.

I try to avoid these lists one way or another, because 99% of them are not music lists so much as they are pop lists... and people take them for granted. It really is quite sickening.

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #48 of 72
I have 2 of those 100 albums. Nevermind (Great Album) and Kid A (Which I don't even like). I have 100 cds sitting right in from of me that I feel are defaintly better than the ones on that list.

Anyway my big question is where is the electronic music? This really is a very lacking list. I can't even understand how they came up with it.

Feb 8, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #49 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by TIME
We researched and listened and agonized until we had a list of the greatest and most influential records ever - and then everyone complained because there was no Pink Floyd on it. And that's exactly how it should be.

confused.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #50 of 72
Metallica's Master of Puppets? Come on! Kill 'em All is better. Ride the Lightening is the BEST.

I don't like this list. It's just wrong. No Pink Floyd should be enough to prove the wrongness of what Time Magazine has done.

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #52 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any 'Top Album' list that does not include 'Against Me!-Reinventing Axl Rose' (my avatar) instantaneously loses all credibility.

hehehe

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #54 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sad thing is, that I'm dead serious.

Well now I'm gonna' have to hear 'em, because I've never heard of 'em until now!

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #56 of 72
PAVEMENT over PEARL JAM... yep, looks like a dumb list to me.

honestly, just slap together the classics + skim the surface of jazz + a few "hip" bands like Radiohead and The Pixies (although i actually like the latter) (and no offense to you Radiohead fans... i liked The Bends at least!) and you've got yourself a list of the "Best Albums/Bands/Songs" ever.

i'd have to make a top 1000+ albums to do this kind of list, taking one album from every artist/composer i have in my library. and ranking would be impossible, save a few... (Bitches Brew by Miles Davis and Deadwing by Porcupine Tree)

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #57 of 72
This is a list of the 100 "Most popular" albums. I dont agree with alot of these albums... and where is RATM's first album? Huh? That was a very good album indeed.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #59 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Murmur? GARTH BROOKS' ROPIN THE WIND??! Come on, if you really want to include Garth Brooks in that list, he has way better albums.

I grew up during the Garth Brooks era in a Garth Brooks type of community. That album could have been the album I heard the absolute most in the first 15 years of my life. It was a huge event when that album came out, and I would say it was probably the pinnacle of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back