~100 eur headphones for iPod
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tikrasltu

Head-Fier
Hello:) I'm new in Your forum, however I spent lots of time reading about various headphones and amps.. Now I finally decided to go into better audio listening experience and get a good pair of headphones. Mostly they will be used with an iPod (I recently ordered Fiio E5 for a cheap start and iPod LOD). As these cans will be for outside or travelling use, they should be closed. My budget is around 100 euros or pounds. As I'm not an advance listener I prefer SQ/price ratio instead of quality, so if there is a much better set for 20-30 more or vice versa it really fits me. Another point is comfortability, so it could be great to get some opinions about it. My music preference is mostly rock like RS, The Beatles, Queen, U2. At the moment I'm considering AKG K518, AKG K450, M-Audio Studiophile Q40 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50.. As you might see price range is really wide (40-100pounds) so please give my any suggestions or other buying options and opinions! Thanks :)

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 9
You may also want to consider the Denon D1001 or Creative Aurvana Live!.  They are basically the same with the D1001 being of better build quality, hence the higher price.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 9
No.. I decided to get normal ones as IEM's I don't find them very comfy.. And Denon D1001 are only 10pound cheaper than others M-Audio or Audiotechnika.. Any other suggestions? Is it worth to add 60 pound to these models or I could get similar SQ with AKG K518?? It's only 40 pounds now..

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 9
Best SQ/Price ratios are obviously near the bottom, KSC-35s have glowing recommendations but clip-ons would be peculiar to say the least in UK - imo (based on gathering others' impressions) get a PX100 or PortaPros

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Don't go too low with my price brackets.. I had PX100 before and I did not found them so "sound blowing" or smth like that.. Anyway, I feel need for better equipment so any other good suggestions? Denons look really nice, I'll have a deeper look in reviews :)

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 9
You said you were concerned about comfort.  Most people would say K518 isn't for you as they have somewhat high clamping force.  I for one have no problems with comfort, but the vast majority of people seem to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back