100 dollar over the ear(On Ear) headphones that are very accurate?
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

HardOfListening

New Head-Fier
I don't care about heavy bass, I don't mind it if it does not offshoot the rest of the spectrum, I was browsing around and came across the Sennheiser HD 25-SP II at B&H, I like the way they look and they seem the perfect size...but how are they?

Are they accurate? Anything else I should look into?

Any help would be great :D

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 14
I would do that but I am always sorta afraid of getting a fake pair and then going through the hassles of dealing with that...

Are these wroth 100 though? Comfort is also very important to me and I head the HD25- 1 II kinda clamp hard...which I dislike.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 14
HD25 is kinda bright, some have said its harsh (but I'm a part time treblehead nothing is too Bright for me 
biggrin.gif
)

Quote:
They look kinda big and not sure what you mean by thin? Bright usually gives me headaches...well if its bright in a harsh way.

Also I dont know of many fakes of the HD25 going around where are you located?

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 14
HD25 is kinda bright, some have said its harsh (but I'm a part time treblehead nothing is too Bright for me :D )

Also I dont know of many fakes of the HD25 going around where are you located?

I'm in NYC, Is the SP version less harsh in anyway? Not to many fakes? Would think there would be for that one, any sure signs of a real/fake one I should look for at ebay or other places?

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 14
Does J&R  have a floor models you can try? As for SQ differences between SP and the HD25-1ii I have no idea but the hd25-1ii are a great pair of headphones pretty much top tier as far as on-ears go. You can order from amazon if you fear getting fakes or even just to be able to try them out since amazon has a great no questions asked return policy (and save on the taxes).

Quote:
I'm in NYC, Is the SP version less harsh in anyway? Not to many fakes? Would think there would be for that one, any sure signs of a real/fake one I should look for at ebay or other places?

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 14
J&R are pick and choose about what they have to try on in store, these sadly do not have a display model...

I would buy them at amazon but they are 199.99 which is twice the amount I want to spend on a pair of headphones honestly.(Actually I don't even have that much extra money to spend on anything, damn college...damn it to hell.)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 14
Well Amazon actually does charge me tax sadly, I might pick them up at J&R though since they were on sale last time I checked, Just wanted to see if anyone else thought they were worth the 100 dollars or if there was something better I should be looking at... :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #13 of 14
Superlux HD668B are not that big, I don't consider them portable, they don't isolate enough for that. If you cannot stand harsh/bright they might not be for you. HD 25 can sound bright too.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #14 of 14
I bought a Like New used pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II from the seller adgtron on Amazon, came to 135 after shipping, anyone have any experience with him?

Well I hope this are as great as everyone says :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back