100% dissapointed in klipsch image s4 please help
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Auvioman

New Head-Fier
All I can say is What I was used to $20 earbuds but becoming an audiophile I needed an upgrade. I heard so many great reviews on the klipsch image s4's so I got them. The reason I disliked my old auvio earbuds was sometimes the really high notes I'm not sure how to explain but when the singer says a word with an "s" it just sounds like a high pitch whistle and the klipschs were awful I can even stand listening to them its just pain to my ears. I'm thinking about foam tips if that might help. Any advice? because I'm sure those real audiophiles writing reviews didn't just look past this.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 10
Also I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop and when I first got these the bass sounded great but that treble sucked and after burning them in a bit the treble is better but still bad but the really low bass is almost gone these headphones are such a disappointment if anyone knows a solution it would be greatly appreaciated

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 10
first off,
how long have you been using it?
give a it good burnt in, dont use high volume

secondly,
what kind of source are you using?
high fidelity earphone reflect the ugly bits, make sure you use a good course,
good player, good format (best if lossless, 320k at least for lossy)

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
first off,
how long have you been using it?
give a it good burnt in, dont use high volume

secondly,
what kind of source are you using?
high fidelity earphone reflect the ugly bits, make sure you use a good course,
good player, good format (best if lossless, 320k at least for lossy)

i hardly consider S4i's "high fidelity"...

anywho, ^^ OP,we call what you're experiencing with the auvio's sibilance, pretty much, hissssssssssing or ssssssuper as you have realized. what do you find wrong with the sr4i's? too much bass, too little treble? have you tried burning them in yet because that may help alleviate some issues

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 10
oh BTW, this should be in the portables section, not high end audio

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 10
It sounds to me like you have a fit problem.  The tips you are using are either the wrong size for your ears, or you aren't inserting them in an ideal spot.

I would try all of the tips that came with the IEMs, and then maybe try olives or Sony hybrids.  If you get them to fit right, you will likely be a lot happier with them.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #9 of 10
Well , we got the same batch of S4 which is the sibilant, too bright bright batch and will not improve with burn-in.

The others got  the good sounding batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back