$100 budget or less. What would you recommend?
Jan 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiFiBear

New Head-Fier
I've just rediscovered listening to music thru headphones and I'm ready to make the big leap from the standard white Apple earphones and my very old set of Sonys.

I listen to a wide variety of music including pop, country, classical.  My favorites are acoustical and jazz.

My sources are a smartphone (HTC inspire) and my laptop.

I currently use the standard apple white earphone and an old headphone set that I found in the garage: Sony MDR-S30
I actually like the sound of the Sony's over the apple earphones but I am sure that there is much better sound to be had.

Don't care for the earbuds but open to a headphone or an in ear monitor.

Would love your suggestions, thanks in advance!

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 6
KRK KNS 8400

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Monster Turbines from monster outlet store.
Usually 180$ but 50$.
They're refurb, BUT you can get a brand new pair for 70$ off cowboom.com

Amazing deal.

AND for your Inspire, you should.
UNLOCK
ROOT
S-OFF
SIM CARD UNLOCK
BASEBAND UNLOCK
and
Put ICS on it.
Or run Cyanogen Mod :D.
Amazing phone.
Overclock it to 1516 MHz once your done too.
1.5 GHZ from 1.0 :D

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 6
You should consider UE700. They sound great with your genres, especially classical, acoustic and jazz. They are $93 at Amazon currently which is a great deal. They are also easy to drive straight from your phone.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Check out the Etymotic mc5 (or mc3 with mic, not sure if it works with your phone though).  These are more analytical than 'musical' I guess.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 6
@LulzSec:  Yeah the HTC is an incredible phone.  I really love it.  I'm sad to say that I'm going back to an Apple iPhone soon.
my kids just got iPod touches and now I'm the only one in the house that doesn't get instant messaging and FaceTime  :frowning2:

Thx apple for making things so "closed"

Thanks for the recommendations.  For $50 the Monster Turbine sounds like a good deal, I am seriously thinking about a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back