~$100-$175 IEMs
Dec 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

graniteX

New Head-Fier
Looking to purchase my first $100+ IEMs. Looking for all-rounders, with a good balance between clarity/accuracy and "fun"-ness. I literally listen to every genre depending on my mood. 

The only thing keeping me back from buying the GR07 MK2s is durability, as I have a tendency to be unintentionally rough with my earphones. On the other hand, I might consider buying some cheap bass IEMs for the purpose of working out while treating the $100+ ones as delicately as I can. Ideally, though, it would be nice to have a sturdy pair that won't sacrifice sound quality for portability. 

I'm tempted to grab the PFE 112s, as they're on sale for 2 more hours, but it seems that some folks find them to be accurate but not-fun-sounding, relatively speaking. 

In a nutshell, *ideally*, the earphones will have the durability of the SE215s and the (alleged) versatile sound quality of the GR07 MKIIs. Comfort/fit is very important too. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 13
From that list, I would go for GR07mk2 but I prefer the signature of GR07be even better. I find the vsonic quite durable, they are well built. It has a slimmer side profile than SE215 so I would say it is more comfortable too. I got the H-100. I don't like its signature at all. I can barely use it for more than 1 hour. Once I got the vsonics, I don't use the H-100.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 13
I would go for the RHA or the Vsonic. Personally, I like the RHA better.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 13
  The Vsonics have amazing durability btw.
and I would recommend considering the DUNU 1000s

thanks! yeah, some people seem to say that the vsonics are very fragile and are not suitable for exercise, whereas others say the exact opposite. 

unfortunately, the dunus are a bit out of my price range (>$200)

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #12 of 13
I don't know about the other vsonic models but the gr07's are very well built. Check out the GR07BE appreciation thread, recently they were discussing the suitability of exercising with them.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 13
I do not know where you have gotten the idea that the gr07s arent very well built. One of the resounding qualities of this iem is its build quality :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back