~100€ headphones
Aug 20, 2016 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gilles P

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
So i need to buy new headphones for when i'm on the go, i am currently using my sennheiser pc363d (which i'm very happy with and will continue using the little usb dac, but for on the go, open designs aren't the best).
Price and availability often varies in different parts of the world, this is why i looked a bit at what's available here in my price range (~80-100€ with a very maximum of 120€)
I wouldn't go as far as saying i'm an audiophile but i do like having nice sound with crisp highs and such (i'm just using the 363d's so it isn't the best...)
5 headphones i saw where :
- sennheiser HD449 (my experience with sennheiser has been great so far, but i think this one's a little bit on the lower end compared to the other heaphones)
-lindy hf100 (i don't really know much about these, they looked comfortable, but i don't really know anything about theyre quality)
-audio technica ath-a500x (i've heard a lot about audio technica but the price is a little bit steeper, just in my budget coming in at 119€ so is all the extra money really worth it?)
-Ausdom ANC7​ (i don't know much about this one, but i was concidering active noise canceling. what i am wondering is: is there a big sacrifice to make compared to the other heaphones here in audio quality? plus these are a bit ugly in my opinion)
-233621 H501 (same question about noise canceling vs quality, and i was a bit afraid with these having an impudance of 100 ohm while my 363d's are only 34 or something, will the dac have some issues driving these headphones?)
if you have any other suggestions, you can leave them here, but i'm not sure about availability...
thanks

EDIT :
-the ath-a500x seem to not isolate sound very well, so i ditched that option
-so that i wouldn't run any risk, i decided not tp go with 233621's
i also added to the list :
-beyerdynamics dt660 which seem pretty good
-sennhesier hd280 pro
still hesitating between the 5 remaining ones

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 10

​i got a sennheiser pc363d headset, which comes with a little usb dac, it isn't the best option out there but it does the job very well (at least way better than any integrated dac in my computers/phones). the sennheiser pc363d are 32 or 34 (i don't remember) ohms, so i guess the dac that comes with it isn't made for 300ohms headphones, not even sure about 100ohms. i got to say it is a pretty small usb dac so...

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 10
Oh ok well better safe than sorry. You'll end up spending more if it doesn't work. Have you considered IEMs since it is for outside use? The Dunu DN1000 are a solid choice if you have big enough ear canals. For headphones I would recommend the Audio Technica MSR7 but those are slightly out of your price range.

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 10
i hadn,'t thought about all that much, but i hope it isn,'t too fatiguing. i now have some really bad earpods (beats) but they kind of heart me. i tend to use them for 15 hours straight so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back