10 Second Survey - Music or Gear?
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #46 of 61
Quote:
 At this point new gear purchases are becoming more of a collection, 

That sounds pretty sexy to me <3, Just jerry rigged my first Head Phone holding do dad [OMG I can upload a pic!] 

<3 can proably hold 12 lbs max maybe more :O plus the w8 will be across the entire bar so it should work for like 3-4 cans!

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #47 of 61
I go for gear. If it should be music I'll go to Opera house instead.
cool.gif
Most of my music is popular enough to find for free. :D

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #48 of 61
Quote:
I believe a lot of people find themselves climbing the audiophile ladder, so to speak, out of a desire to reproduce the initial excitement of falling in love with an artist or a record or a song for the very first time, to buff the shine of a diamond that's lost a bit of its luster due to the repeated listens spawned by that love.  It forces you to pay attention as closely as you used to.  But, by and large, I think it's just chasing a ghost.

This.

It'd be music for me. I've just bought a new set up that I am stoked with at the moment. I'm a massive DnB head, so most of the tunes i listen to can only be bought anyway. I don't have enough money for new music as it is at the moment, so i know where a nice cash injection like would be going

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #50 of 61
Quote:
This.

It'd be music for me. I've just bought a new set up that I am stoked with at the moment. I'm a massive DnB head, so most of the tunes i listen to can only be bought anyway. I don't have enough money for new music as it is at the moment, so i know where a nice cash injection like would be going

Yea also a EDM fan and Dub Step and DnB... with GOOD quality has to be purchased >.> although I 
Quote:
Definitely music first for me. Gear is useless without music.

True as well, I got new gear but Had to ALSO get music for gear >.> $27 on some CDs so it was a nice. Sadly this Band has no Digital Flac so I gatta burn my own! 

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:
Slightly confused with this...

yea me to

the just of that, I need to buy Music as the interwebs has very little Flacs of EVERYTHING... well at least for now -.- 

Oct 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #53 of 61
After building some Linkwitz Orions it's been just music for me. I haven't changed any of my gear for four years now. Before that I changed something at least once a year

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #56 of 61
Gear.

I like to add albums to my collection slowly, making sure I've "bonded" (or not) with each small group of new albums (2,3 at a time max) before buying new ones. Having £1,000 to spend on music wouldn't be practical or benefit my life much. I can enjoy music fully and completely spending £20 a month.

Spending on music gear would achieve a lot more, and would benefit my whole existing music collection.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #59 of 61
No idea if this is off topic at all, but:

I was upset listening to music for a bit, i realised it was because i was listening to my gear more than the music
I turned on what was once my favourite song and just let it wash over me. the music.. not the gear, i actually found i enjoyed my gear a lot more this way as well. those shivers that i used to get came back. 

So i guess if you asked a while back i would have said gear (some LCD2's with my name on it)
But i think now id say music :)

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #60 of 61
You get to a point where your gear can't get a lot better. That's never true of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back