$10,000 Ethernet cable - a refreshing take on the phenomenon
Feb 20, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 16
  actually i think that the principle of psychology behind audioquest is completley different from what most people think..

Doing some reverse thinking, as i also have to sell things, i would actually have an outrageous product in sale, because, this would attract a lot of other poetential customers. for example, say that they do not sell even one cable, it costed them way under 50$ to make it, this is for sure.

But many people will se it, and will be curious how does the dragonfly sound like, and it is sold for a good price, so a lot of dragonfly buyers. technically, they are just marketing in another way.

Thinking it out of the box even further, there is a 80% chance that one of us will be interested in a audioquest product. it is similar to chord marketing, where everything is priced pretty high, but it is the highest quality in the world.

Same principle as supercars and other luxury items. They produce an outlandish limited product line that barely anyone could afford, but this generates publicity for the company, potentially helping to drive sales of the affordable stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back