"10,000 days" in May
Apr 23, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #106 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones
You're not alone. What a freaking nightmare. I don't even want to tell you my story, but suffice to say, it was similarly frustrating. Brantford, the city I was in at the time, I think ended up getting 3 tickets, other than those who might have got them online. So upsetting. And they're going for ridiculous amounts on Ebay. Damn.

Really not trying to sound melodramatic here-but ive been bitter all day at not getting my hands on any tickets this morning. Like usuall, they are playing some small obscure spot in Manhattan that sold out in minutes and gave the laymen absolutely no chance of getting tickets. Reason being, the ticket brokers have devised some clever means by which to flood both phone lines and web-based ticket sellers sites. Then, they go on ebay and sell them for exorbitant prices.
Looks like the market price for a pair is at or around $500 and "buy it nows" are at as much as $800 for two.
They be better come around after their Europe tour to do a proper/larger scale US one.

With absolutley no offense meant towards any non-American...why is that an American based band seems to put more effort into international venues first, as oppossed to initially concentrating more on the States???

As you can tell, im really annoyed.

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #107 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Really not trying to sound melodramatic here-but ive been bitter all day at not getting my hands on any tickets this morning. Like usuall, they are playing some small obscure spot in Manhattan that sold out in minutes and gave the laymen absolutely no chance of getting tickets. Reason being, the ticket brokers have devised some clever means by which to flood both phone lines and web-based ticket sellers sites. Then, they go on ebay and sell them for exorbitant prices.
Looks like the market price for a pair is at or around $500 and "buy it nows" are at as much as $800 for two.
They be better come around after their Europe tour to do a proper/larger scale US one.

With absolutley no offense meant towards any non-American...why is that an American based band seems to put more effort into international venues first, as oppossed to initially concentrating more on the States???

As you can tell, im really annoyed.

Well, believe me that I understand your frustration. It is absolutely killing me that I'm going to miss the show for a few reasons. One of the major ones, is that they will still be relatively fresh playing the songs, and there is an immediacy and engagement with that, that often isn't present towards then end of a long long tour. The band is more connected to the music. Secondly, the venue. The same deal for the Toronto show- it's at a great, relatively intimate venue. It's not the same as having to see them in an arena.

As for why Tool wouldn't start off in the states, all I can say is that every time I've seen a show of theirs in Canada, they talk about how much they prefer playing here, vs. the states. I think Canada is one of their favourite spots...although I'm sure it's all the same to them, ultimately.

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #108 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
toolleak2.jpg

Guessing these are the pictures from the album then.

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #109 of 252
If I had my guess "The Pot" will be the new single and most commercially successful of all the tracks on the album.

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #111 of 252
Well, the first pictures of the actual CD have arrived on a German Tool forum.
One member was really lucky and was able to buy the album already.
This is what the CD looks like:

download.php

Furthermore there will be a sticker of the TOOL and the 10,000 Days logo (also in the picture).

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #112 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Anyone else hope this album is HDCD like "Lateralus"?

ME!!!

There has been talk around that they might go one better and release a high res dualdisc or DVD-A. Now that would be cool.

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #113 of 252
Well so much for those who thought this wasn't the name of the album. Or the crazy idea this wasn't for real. Some though will have to wait until May 2 and see it in the stores. If there are any copies left.

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #114 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
If I had my guess "The Pot" will be the new single and most commercially successful of all the tracks on the album.

Havenm't you hear Vicarious? They are playing it all over the radio stations! The album rocks really....

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #115 of 252
i got mine reserved allready, 1st one to arrive at my local store is mine. i really hope there is a ltd edition version, or a pretty vinyl version coming out.
one thing i love about tool, the album art is allways superb. (wants gatefold lp...)

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #116 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Havenm't you hear Vicarious? They are playing it all over the radio stations! The album rocks really....

Vicarious is the current single. I should have said the "The Pot" will be the second single. I guessing it will be more commerically successful.

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #117 of 252
to switch gears a little,

For those who have been fortunate (or deviant) enough to hear the album already, what do you think?

I tend to agree with the amazon review, and have always disliked this about tool. They have too much filler. It kills any momentum the album may have, and does not send me into cosmic universes like they may think (unless chemically aided).

On the positive side, the album has some good songs, good moments, etc. I still think Aenima and Undertow was Tool at its peak, and the whole ultra-experimental side of Tool is kind of like Mars Volta-ish unfocused prog.

Apr 25, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #118 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
I still think Aenima and Undertow was Tool at its peak, and the whole ultra-experimental side of Tool is kind of like Mars Volta-ish unfocused prog.

I agree, except I think Lateralus actually pulled it off very well. For all of its supposed meandering, it was actually quite focused (in some ways it almost sounded too fussed over).

This album, on the other hand, songs like Tool listened to Frances the Mute and said "man, we gotta get us some of that!" Why anybody would react that way to Frances the Mute is beyond me, but that's the only way I can explain how 10,000 Days turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back