"10,000 days" in May
Apr 21, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #91 of 252
tickets for a show at the hummingbird centre in Toronto, Ontario went on sale to the public at 10 a.m. this morning. i was at work, but i had told my boss i would be ordering the tickets at that time and she was cool with it.

i sat at the ticketmaster website refreshing every 20 seconds until the tickets were finally "available". when i tried to order them, it always gave me the same message: "the tickets you requested are not available..".

such ********. i made my order not 30 seconds after they went up for sale, and still came up empty handed. tried changing the number of tickets, seating arrangements, etc for a solid 20 minutes and always that same result.

i am furious.

did anyone manage to score tickets to this show?

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #92 of 252
Better start calling the local radio stations and begging for tickets
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #93 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by okay_player
tickets for a show at the hummingbird centre in Toronto, Ontario went on sale to the public at 10 a.m. this morning. i was at work, but i had told my boss i would be ordering the tickets at that time and she was cool with it.

i sat at the ticketmaster website refreshing every 20 seconds until the tickets were finally "available". when i tried to order them, it always gave me the same message: "the tickets you requested are not available..".

such ********. i made my order not 30 seconds after they went up for sale, and still came up empty handed. tried changing the number of tickets, seating arrangements, etc for a solid 20 minutes and always that same result.

i am furious.

did anyone manage to score tickets to this show?

Wow, that really sucks. I'm almost glad I can't go to this show. I would have been pretty pissed too.

Was this online ONLY? Or could you do it on the phone? Because I find the phone to be the way to go.

Probably all the presales got to the tickets before anyone else could.

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #94 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
Wow, that really sucks. I'm almost glad I can't go to this show. I would have been pretty pissed too.

Was this online ONLY? Or could you do it on the phone? Because I find the phone to be the way to go.

Probably all the presales got to the tickets before anyone else could.

i had read that tickets were only available through ticketmaster and at the hummingbird centre box-office. wasn't aware you could purchase tickets (via ticketmaster?) over the phone. will definitely look into that.

still thinking about heading down to the venue on the day of the show and seeing what the scalpers have to offer, but i foresee crappy seats at ridiculous prices.

but yeah... the only thing that makes sense is that all the presales (toolarmy members?) got the tickets first. if this was the case, i think ticketmaster should have stated that the show was soldout instead of letting people like me get their hopes up. also, i thought the hummingbird had decent capacity but perhaps i'm mistaken. it certainly would have been strange to see tool while glued to a seat, but damnit, i was up for it.

/rant

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #95 of 252
Apr 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #96 of 252
Quote:

i had read that tickets were only available through ticketmaster and at the hummingbird centre box-office. wasn't aware you could purchase tickets (via ticketmaster?) over the phone. will definitely look into that.

still thinking about heading down to the venue on the day of the show and seeing what the scalpers have to offer, but i foresee crappy seats at ridiculous prices.

but yeah... the only thing that makes sense is that all the presales (toolarmy members?) got the tickets first. if this was the case, i think ticketmaster should have stated that the show was soldout instead of letting people like me get their hopes up. also, i thought the hummingbird had decent capacity but perhaps i'm mistaken. it certainly would have been strange to see tool while glued to a seat, but damnit, i was up for it.

/rant

I hate ticketmaser sometimes. It's a crappy place to get tickets for sure.

I don't know if you could get these tickets over the phone or not. Sometimes the sale is "online only"

Apr 22, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #99 of 252
HOLY ****!! Sorry to use profanity, but Wings for Marie is such a beautiful song! This new album is awesome! I've been waiting for 5 long years, and it was worth it. I just wish the vocals were more foward as I can barely understand them (they sound distant).

-- P.S. --

Whoever said that this album was a fake can not be serious. An album of this calibre would take up way too much time and resources to be a fake. There was a fake leak before, but it was some idiot with an acoustic guitar and obviously fake.

Apr 22, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #100 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
I wonder how there can be, though...the leak is already just about a full cd.

Tool albums have been getting progressively longer (with the exception of Salival) so a 2 CD release would not be surprising.

-- edit --

This ablum makes me want to get some Grados or DT 770s just to hear the drum impact and hear the guitars at the best. Anyone care to donate some money/cans? If so P.M. me. Thank You in advance
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #101 of 252
I think the album is great , the Two "wings for marie" Tracks are amazing .
this is the first Tool album i liked straight from the beginning , and of course each time i listen to it , i love it more and more .

by the way , is it just me or is "Viginti tres" one of the worst closing track ever ?
the song is simply not good ( IMO ) and it is a bad ending to a terrfic album .

Apr 22, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #102 of 252
This is what the album could look like:

xmdays_package.jpg

10kdays-toolband-it.jpg

tool35jy.jpg

If it was a fake, it would be pretty well done.

Apr 22, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #103 of 252
Apr 22, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #104 of 252
Quote:

/rant

You're not alone. What a freaking nightmare. I don't even want to tell you my story, but suffice to say, it was similarly frustrating. Brantford, the city I was in at the time, I think ended up getting 3 tickets, other than those who might have got them online. So upsetting. And they're going for ridiculous amounts on Ebay. Damn.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #105 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by itay
I think the album is great , the Two "wings for marie" Tracks are amazing .
this is the first Tool album i liked straight from the beginning , and of course each time i listen to it , i love it more and more .

by the way , is it just me or is "Viginti tres" one of the worst closing track ever ?
the song is simply not good ( IMO ) and it is a bad ending to a terrfic album .

Wings for Marie II is just freaking beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back