1 Month and 400 posts later...
Jul 30, 2007 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, I have been officially here for a little over a month now, and I can finnaly post in the FS forums. As a member of a month, I dont feel to high and mighty yet, but hopefully I can reach the ranks of the elite. In the upcoming weeks I will have quite a few questions that will need answering, including the final choice on my home rig, and what Stax system should be bought. I am hope that I can stick around for a while and bring my posts back up, but I am not sure how things will go once school starts, and ski season shortly after. Its been a pleasure being in the presence of this warming community.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 22
Nice. 558 posts in a year and a half, that makes about a post a day. The vast majority of those posts were random posts in the music/member's lounge. You've already got a better rig than me.

For the record, post count doesn't exactly make an "elite". Search for Jagwire sometime. What does make an elite is spending craploads of money, attending meets, and tweaking or reviewing the crap out of expensive equipment (none of which I have done-a $550 rig is chump change here). I hope you're well on your way.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, I have 400 and have been here 4 years.

Unless the OP invests in quality thimbles, at this rate he'll wear the flesh from his fingers. Once he does so, he'll be able to make that back-flesh-crumpling, fingernails-on-a-chalkboard sound with his bare phalanges, not unlike our beloved Jagwire aforementioned. I'm assuming bone makes a racket similar to nail.

Congrats Rise TTT

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 22
I've been here for about a year and a half and STILL can't post in the for sale forums. (Though now I need to, hence the creation of posts like these
frown.gif
) Congratulations however!

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 22
Rise TTT, 13+ ppd, wow.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 22
Speaking of Jagwire, I was about to join a forum for photography the other day in my never-ending quest for things to throw money away on, and suddenly before my very eyes I saw a post by non other than Jagwire himself. I almost fell out of my chair trying to x out the browser before my IQ dropped yet again. I just can't escape him.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of Jagwire, I was about to join a forum for photography the other day in my never-ending quest for things to throw money away on, and suddenly before my very eyes I saw a post by non other than Jagwire himself. I almost fell out of my chair trying to x out the browser before my IQ dropped yet again. I just can't escape him.

What forum was this?

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php?

Maybe we should make a public service announcement about it.

Hmm I haven't seen Jagwire post there yet but oh well, we'll see.

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 22
Eheheheh Jagwire, I still remember being repeatedly amazed by the new levels of inanity each successive thread would reach! The zenith (or nadir) was the collection of dinner shots with a DSLR, like using a sledgehammer on a half-inch nail.

Those were the days, eh?

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by circularlogic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been here for about a year and a half and STILL can't post in the for sale forums. (Though now I need to, hence the creation of posts like these
frown.gif
) Congratulations however!

I just lurk mostly and have about 3-4 deals through here for various things. Check my join date; it's been two years and I just found out about the 50+ posting limit too. Well, at least it's getting me to contribute to the forums more now
rs1smile.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rise TTT, 13+ ppd, wow.

I was doing a firm 30-40 a day before I left for skiing, you should look back. On some days I had 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back