1 hour (5500Kbps 92khz) music file ... How to split up ??? Nothing works. Please help
Dec 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Pianist718

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys ...

So I usually use Splice File Splitter but it's not working specifically with this file. I don't know.

Wavepad is not free.
Can someone suggest a program to split up files?  preferably free one. :)

thank you

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 8
this just splits the file .. i need one that split the file where there is silence in the music :)

Whoops I should have realized that's what you meant. I had to use hjsplit on some SACD rips last night so that's the first thing I thought of. You can use Audacity to do that.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=files&i=split

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 8
i just used software called Mix Pad to cut tracks and save as FLAC ...

something i noticed...

My original file is 55H kbps at 92 khz
after cutting the first song and saving it with what seems to be the same options ... my file now is same FLAC, but ... 11H kbps at 96 khz.

so what happened? did sound quality change>? when it went from 5500 to 1100 ?

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 8
  Did you try ffmpeg? It can cut (google "ffmpeg cut without reencoding") and concatenate files without re-encoding. Hope it works for your file too.

I actually found software that easily does it as long as I have the CUE file. So if I download something with CUE, it's easy to do. If i get something WITHOUT the CUE file, I can try using my other software or just delete the file. Not worth the hassle. There is lots of music out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back