1 D5000(Manufacturer Recertified) For $352 On ecost
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 16
nice deal for anyone who plans to mod them. opening the cups voids the warranty so why not go for a refurb one

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphis_7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sign....i am glad i got one for 305+shipping before it went out of stock.

When I ordered mine they were in stock, and several hours later were temp out of stock, but then I got a backorder notice.

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you realize this is a 10 month old post.

Yes, but they still showed up as "in stock" about 24 hours ago for $305. I buy stuff from them all the time.

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 16
no backorder emails from ecost, guess i have the rightful owner of a d5000
atsmile.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 16
I've been an eCost customer for almost 2 years, and they sometimes have great sale prices. I've seen these there at higher prices in the past and I didn't need a D5000, but when it was in stock at $305 it was a no brainer.

Today I called to complain to them that they emailed me about a backorder the next morning, but their website said the D5000 was "in stock" before and after my purchase (and that I even saved the page as a PDF which is a habit I do for eBay when I need to look at the auction after it is long gone). After the backorder notice arrived I went back to look I saw they were "temp out of stock". I am lucky enough to get a customer service rep who has such a thick accent that I have to ask her to repeat what she said about 15 times during the call.

I wanted to know how that error happened and I was told that they cannot update the website quickly, so someone bought the last one right before me and it took hours to update. The good news was they said that I could wait 2-3 weeks (maybe 4, no promises) for them to get more in stock.

I asked them to switch the order to my credit card, since right now all my cash in paypal was tied up by this. This would leave the door open for me to buy elsewhere and cancel with eCost later. They were happy to cancel and place a new order with my credit card, but the price was now $319 instead of the $305 and I would lose my spot in line. Arghhh!

So I said "fine I'll wait and leave it on paypal, but at least refund me the 2-day shipping and ship it via ground". Since it wont be here for 3-4 weeks, I figure that I don't need to pay $27 to get it just 2 days after they get more. Nope, they said they can't do that without canceling the order because it was paypal. At this point I was 10 minutes at the end of my rope and told them to shove it up their rectal orifice and cancel the order.

I figure I need these like a hole in the head, but I really liked the loaner modded MD5000 that I shipped out today to mrarroyo, after a week of demo'ing them. Since I have a pair of ATH-ESW10JPN on the way, I figure that I'll just buy the markl woodies for the D2000 and stuff the ear pads.

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #12 of 16
sorry sir, i have actually been eyeing the $305 price in stock for 3 days before pressing the "add into cart" button.
frown.gif
i just couldnt make up my mind cuz it is still a big chuck of money. i wonder if anyone had purchased refurbished headphones from ecost before....felt a bit unsafe there.

dont worry, from your sig you still seem to have lots of toys to play with

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphis_7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry sir, i have actually been eyeing the $305 price in stock for 3 days before pressing the "add into cart" button.
frown.gif
i just couldnt make up my mind cuz it is still a big chuck of money. i wonder if anyone had purchased refurbished headphones from ecost before....felt a bit unsafe there.

dont worry, from your sig you still seem to have lots of toys to play with

No worries, you did me a favor. My D2000 are going to get dressed up in Mahogany...

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #15 of 16
He dug it up doing a search because he found the headphone were in stock Saturday night, and wanted to know if it was a safe purchase. He got the last pair only minutes before me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back