1/8" / aux cable for ATH-ANC7
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zida

500+ Head-Fier
I'm in the market for an aux cable for my Audio Technica ANC7 headphones, im down to my last one that a picked up from a local computer store (I guess i tend to burn through them a little quick
redface.gif
).

Anyways, my rig is far from really hi-fi, so i dont need a top quality cable or anything close to it. I'm just curious if theres something better than i get for 3.99 from the computer store down the street that i'd be able to tell a difference in sound, or maybe even durability.

alright, opinion @ me, cable people
atsmile.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Try the monoprice cables for a very inexpensive step up, or Blue Jeans for a great leap in quality and construction. If you are using it instead of the stock cable, be aware the fit is tight as the cup inlet is pretty small and won't allow cables with much material around the plug. The Radio Shack gold 6' cable will fit without trimming.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Wow, monoprice cables are even cheaper than my computer store cables. Do you think i should be able to hear a discernible difference between, say, a monoprice cable and a blue jeans cable if my entire setup is basically mp3 player + cheap amp (right now an amp3) -> ATHANC7 (~150 dollar headphones)? I've always sort of wondered if cable quality should really make a difference in a budget rig like that.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Those who say that cables can make big differences in systems would probably say that with your setup it won't matter much. I'd say that it won't matter one bit. I have had extension cables pick up noise, and other cables have problems with physical durability and connector fit, that's why I've got a few decently made cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back