$1.5 earpads "pack" of four+++?
Dec 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gradist

New Head-Fier
OK I am new in this forum, might be someone posted this before, so forgive me.
tongue_smile.gif

Now back to DIY project. My Grado60 earpads are worn out, and replacement cost $15 for a pack of 2. Earpads are essentially just foam. The only thing you should care about when you replace- are they comfortable. Then comes durability. Quick googling of FOAM SHEET and whola!-

Now I SHOULD warn you! I did not do this mod so far, I think I should check local craft store and find thick, soft and durable enough foam sheet. Besides I care about sound quality! Also beware that foam sheets come in different colors too. MAN, I should launch a new business!
It is possible to cut foams in long strips too, bend it if they are not thick enough and glue it, so you will get doughnut style pad, the same as GRADO 80+ has. In this way it is possible to make wayyyy more than just 4 pads.

More posts in a future. Merry Christmas!
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 4
People here are totally OK with overpaying for foam pads? Where is DIY spirit? Gone? Or celebrating Christmas? Seriously, after holidays I will post real guide HOW to do it. Stores closed here now. Meanwhile there is a link you might enjoy too:
Grado mods.

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Most of us know about the grado mods page. There is a reason that people pay for pads they are designed exactly like the manufacturer wants them and they sound better with the original pads on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back