1/4 to 1/8
Apr 10, 2007 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

datura647

Head-Fier
I am considering getting the Silver Dragon v2, but I have a possible stupid question. I am also planning on getting the LaRocco PRII and it has the 1/4 headphone jack. Is it important to avoid using a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter or vice versa? I ask this because if it results in a lot of loss I would be wise to choose carefully which termination i want on my $250 cable. Any help appreciated!

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 4
If the can is going to be used mostly at home/office I would go with a 1/4" termination. You would only need a 1/8" if you plan to use it as a portable can with amps that do not have a 1/4" jack. Since you are mentioning the LaRocco PRII I woud get the silver dragon V2 in a 1/4".

Now, some will argue that 1/4" is better. If you think about it it has more surface area so it kind of makes sense. I do not think I could hear the difference.

Apr 13, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 4
The only thing you need to be careful about 1/4 to 1/8 adapter is using one that has a bit of cable in between. AKG includes an adapter plug with their K701. These kinds of adapters put a lot of strain on the little 1/8 jack. Go with something a la Grado or Sennheiser's adapter or make one yourself.

I use one because I like to listen to my RS-1s and my DT990s out of my iMod/Hornet combo around the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back