1/4 in. Stereo to RCA ?
Oct 27, 2006 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dillon157

Head-Fier
Hey,

I would like to connect my Klipsch ProMedia (2.1) speakers to my Zhaolu D2 when it arrives. To do this I'm pretty sure I would need a quarter inch stereo (female) to dual RCA (male) adaptor. Does this exist. If so, any good recomendations/sites ?

P.S. I imagine I could connect the 2.1 speakers to the headphone jack in the front of the Zhaolu but I would rather reserve that jack for my headphones and leave my speakers permanently connected in the back.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 9
If your wallet hasn't been maimed lately, try Headphile. If you're like the rest of us, you may want to call Blue Jeans Cable. Either would be happy to serve you, I'm sure.

Oct 28, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks, I'll give the cheaper of the two a try. Would that cable have to be custom made? I guess it's not something I can pick up at radioshack...

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 9
Perhaps you can pick it up at Radioshack--I don't know--but the Blue Jeans cable will be much better quality, and really not expensive--an excellent value. If it has to be custom made, it's still not expensive, and the service you'll get if you call or e-mail has been very good in my experience.

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Sounds promising... I'll definitely contact them then.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dillon157
Hey,

I'm pretty sure I would need a quarter inch stereo (female) to dual RCA (male) adaptor.

Thanks

Don't you mean 1/4" male to dual (stereo) RCA...and then I'm not sure?? male or female (I don't know how those Klipsch speakers connect but I figure they have a male end)

You mention reserving the front headphone jack so I figured you meant 1/4" male.

I did find this as an example but it may be wrong for you
confused.gif

http://www.mountsandmore.com/asp/sho...fid=FR2-CH1104

or this

http://byra.stores.yahoo.net/rcajato1plst.html

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #7 of 9
You'd actually want a female 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo connector, not a 1/4". I honestly don't know if anybody specifically makes one like that, but you should have no problem locally finding a male to male cable like that, and use a female-female adapter (known as a gender changer) for the 1/8" end. I wouldn't go through the trouble of getting a custom made cable for the Klipschs, to be honest, unless you were doing it yourself. Hope this helps!

p.s. GreatDane, the ProMedia 2.1s have a hardwired male 1/8" connector (which normally goes into the computer's soundcard), so you'd need the female 1/8" to plug that into, then have it break out into the two male RCAs to plug into the Zhaolu.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
The ProMedia 2.1s have a hardwired male 1/8" connector (which normally goes into the computer's soundcard), so you'd need the female 1/8" to plug that into, then have it break out into the two male RCAs to plug into the Zhaolu.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, it really will require a custom cable. Two male RCAs to one female 1/8". I don't think I've ever seen one. dillon157, let us know your decision (and post pictures if you order the cable).
cool.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #9 of 9
Hey, thank y'all for the help. And yes Fitz, you're right... It would need to be 1/8" (not 1/4"). Thanks for straightening that out. Also, although the whole custom cable thing seemed like fun it really probably would be overkill for these speakers. I guess I'll go the female to female route.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back