1/4"-1/8" adapter
Dec 3, 2004 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Anarchris

100+ Head-Fier
I will be running a Grado SR225 with my Ipod and believe I need to buy an adapter for it to fit. I can buy an adapter that fits directly on top of the 1/4" for a few bucks at Radioshack, or I could buy the 1/4"-1/8" adapter at TTVJ for $15 or so. My question is...

Is there going to be a noticeable dropoff in quality with the Radio Shack adapter vs. the TTVJ adapter

Anytime I can shave off a couple of bucks, it helps. (As long as the quality is still there)

Dec 4, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 10
Oh dear, I encourage you to NOT use the Radio Shack adaptors! Trust me on this one, it's worth it for the Grado one.

Dec 4, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 10
Well, I may as well do a direct comaprison. I was looking at the gold plated Rat Shack version as well. But I will never know what I am missing unless I do a direct comparison. I guess that's how everyone ends up spending so much money here.
Speaking of which, I'm new here. Is someone going to give me the greeting?
280smile.gif

Dec 4, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 10
I have a warning for you about using a grado plug adaptor on a portable device. The Adaptor is huge, it sticks out from the device about 2/3 of an inch causing alot ove leverage presure on the jack. If you snag the cord on anything you can cause a short to occure in the jack itself. I've done this to 2 portables and it sucks. I haven't looked to hard but i've never run across a 1/4 inch to mini adaptor where the mini is at a 90 degree angle from the wire greatly relieving the pressure from the jack. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes one? I'd love to know. Aaron

Dec 4, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 10
Trust me, I've used the Rat Shack adaptors before (I have like two of them) and they do not compare in quality to the Grado ones. The Radio Shack ones do not have as consistent a connection.

Dec 4, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 10
The ratshack one is fairly clunky and I fear headphone jack damage. I plan on replacing it as soon as I am able to. Go with the Grado if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back