'06 micro dac vs. new ultra dac?
Dec 20, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #16 of 20
Anyone compare the ultra micro dac to a dac1? I know they don't have the exact inputs and outputs, but how about the sound?

I'm thinking a ultra micro dac or dac1 hooked to my gilmore lite and fed from a squeeze box using optical, all setting next to my recliner sounds like a nice combo!
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #17 of 20
This is intriguing. I have to order a new power supply for my 2006 Micro DAC. I'm running it off batteries now which is stupid. So the question is... do I drop $100 (plus big shipping) for the Astrodyne switching supply or do I just go for it and order the Ultra Micro DAC.

I suppose the Astrodyne is a no brainer in some ways because it will also be good with the Ultra Micro DAC if I later go that direction.... Any thoughts? Should I spend lots of money?

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to order a new power supply for my 2006 Micro DAC.

Speak for own experience of my modded MicroDAC(with OPA2134 hip), the better PSU(my non-standard Sigma22) did improve the sound quality over the stock TREAD like PSU. Now my MiroDAC is sold and I bought Ultra MicroDAC.....

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in what ways does the 07 UltraDAC improve over the 06 MicroDAC? warmer, etc..

To me, it is smoother(because of AD1896 Asynchronous Sample Rate converter) and reveals more(not absolutely huge, but noticeable, OPA627 is in the output stage Low Pass Filter...) details. Compare to the Max DAC, ultra MicroDAC's power supply section seems refined too.

If someone will buy both Ultra MicroAMp and UltraMicroDAC, better to upgrade the Brick PSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back