0404 usb need help...OK with foobar but no sound in Windows media player.
Apr 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hakjk

100+ Head-Fier
As title says, I have no problem playing the music using foobar with asio, but there is no sound when I use other players like windows media player and other video players.
Does anyone experience the samething? or anyone know what is going on and can tell me how to fix it?
Please help..
thanks

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 5
Go to Control Panel->sounds->audio tab and choose emu 0404 usb as your default sound card
or
In Media player go to Preferences->devices, dblclick on speakers icon and select default soundcard there.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5
I did that already..
this is the error message i get when I try to play movie
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I dont know if this is what you mean, but with the EMU-0404USB in ASIO mode there can only be one source. If you close foobar, the device should be accepting (kmixer) streams again.

What does VLC say when you try to play the movie? (i ask this since VLC uses his own codecs most of the time, also less picky with hardware)

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Everytime you will want to use other software players you will have to deselect asio and select direct/wave out in foobar, press play so it activates kmixer again and then you will get sound in other players as well. Or just play everything in foobar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back