0404 --> Two ouputs?
Dec 13, 2004 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

csmager

New Head-Fier
I've got my 0404 on order, and I plan on using it on with my Headsave Classic (also on order).

As well as this, i'd like to use it as the source for my Hi-fi too.

I know I could swap the cabling everytime I want to switch - but what would be the best way of cabling it so that it went to both? Or is that just not a good idea?

Or - as I haven't got it yet - are there two outputs on the 0404?

Dec 13, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by csmager
I've got my 0404 on order, and I plan on using it on with my Headsave Classic (also on order).

As well as this, i'd like to use it as the source for my Hi-fi too.

I know I could swap the cabling everytime I want to switch - but what would be the best way of cabling it so that it went to both? Or is that just not a good idea?

Or - as I haven't got it yet - are there two outputs on the 0404?

I'm unsure of what the question is. Do you plan on connecting the 0404 to something else besides the headsave classic?

Dec 13, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bassd00d
I'm unsure of what the question is. Do you plan on connecting the 0404 to something else besides the headsave classic?

The question's exactly what was written - I can't quite see what's confusing.

I would like to use the 0404 with my headsave classic, and with my hifi amp.

I could just use a couple of splitters on the outputs - but is this a good idea?

Dec 14, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 13
does your reciever have any digital inputs? if so then you could connect to your reciever that way, and use the 0404's analog out to your headsave. Thats basically what I do with my setup.

Dec 14, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by csmager
I would like to use the 0404 with my headsave classic, and with my hifi amp.

Oh, ok, that's what confused me. You just mentioned you wanted it as a source for you Hi-fi, but I didn't know you were talking about another amp.

Not sure if it's a good idea to use a splitter...I'm not good with electronics, but I'm sure someone can answer that one.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott916
yeah, run optical to the receiver or coax digital and run analog rca's to the amp. that way you preserve the most of the signal.

Unfortunately, neither amplifier (headphone or hifi) have digital inputs.

Any analogue ideas?

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 13
The only way to do two analog outputs is using a y-adapter splitter. The signal should not degrade much at all (in fact, many subwoofer manuals suggest this as one way of hooking it up to your amp in case it does not have a subwoofer output). I suggest going with this one: http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D501
, very well built and even better than the Vampire adapters. I'm using this setup for now to hook up both my headphone and speaker rig.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by soupy
The only way to do two analog outputs is using a y-adapter splitter. The signal should not degrade much at all (in fact, many subwoofer manuals suggest this as one way of hooking it up to your amp in case it does not have a subwoofer output). I suggest going with this one: http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D501
, very well built and even better than the Vampire adapters. I'm using this setup for now to hook up both my headphone and speaker rig.

Soupy

Are you using 1/4 >RCA adapters then pluging the splitter you mentioned into that if so what 1/4>RCA adapter is it .i'm assuming they dont make a 1/4 >dual RCA splitter like that .perhaps a cable?

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 13
yeah, I also have regular 1/4"->rca adapters attached, so two different adapters attached to the output. Look in the radio shack audio adapters section, you'll see it (plus this adapter has been covered before).

Dec 16, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott916
I think we definitely need a sticky on easy ways to set up the 0404 connection to headphones/speakers/amps. We get new questions on this almost daily.

YES. I'm sitting here trying to get this straight myself. Always a different thread, someone wants it to go to their amp, another straight to headphones, etc.

Dec 17, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #13 of 13
I have mine set up two ways. I have my analog outs going into the stereo amp, and the coax going to and from that same amp. I just plug my headphones into the stereo amp.

THis set up allows me to make either analog or digital recordings with the card, and monitor.

To get the analog into the card, I use my MIT Terminator 4 RCA interconnects with two 1/4 plugs from Radio Shack. All monitoring is done via the coax connection. The only hassle is that I must configure the mixer every time, as I use various sample rates. Good thing the Patchmix mixer allows the user to save custom settings.

Thanks to whomever posted that preset for monitoring. I was going crazy trying to configure the mixer when I first got the card, as my favored software only works with WDM drivers.

When you first install the card, you should always make sure you download all updated drivers and patches so the card works properly. It has some bugs out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back